Help with 2001 426 forks?

Set the oil at 100mm...eibach springs...fresh seals...how do I make the forks more plush...I was track riding today and they seemed way to harsh on the lower stroke...smaller jumps...It seemed like I was bottoming hard on fast..small jumps...felt it through the handle bars hard...any advice? Thanks!

Yeah best bet it to get a complete front end from a 06 or 07 YZ. The Twinchambers are far superior! But you will need clamps, brake line, wheel spacers, fork guards to complete it.

But if you insist on spending money on the stock stuff, the Racetech gold vavles worked really well on my 00 model. It took me about 3 times of changing shims before I got it where I wanted it, but it was worth it!

The '01 forks are valved stiff to begin with. Make sure that your R/S fork isn't bound up on the axle first. Are your bushings new or in good shape? If not the forks will be harsh anyways. Last, 100mm's oil ht. is a little high. Depending on what springs you have you can go down to 110-125mm's.

The bottoming you feel may actually be that high oil ht. giving you a hydraulic lock feeling and getting harsh before actuall bottoming. Run your comp. clickers 12 out and reb. 10 out to start with.

doc

Running the 100mm of oil height is way to high. If your running like .45 or .46kg springs it all depends on how much you weigh. But most of the time away to cheat and get a better mid stroke feel without valving is to put in 5wt oil and put the oil height at 120mm of oil with whatever spring you have in the forks. To me it sounds like if you have 100mm of oil in your forks it shouldn't bottom on smaller jumps. Or unless your running weak springs or your forks aren't setup the same and the blance is off. Something doesn't seem right in your setup.

I weigh 225 in full gear. I set the comp at 15 clicks and backed the rebound to 10 clicks..went back out to the track on Sat and they seem to be better now. I have .48 eibach springs in them. When I had the oil at 130mm they bottomed way to much. 100mm seems to work well with my weight. I know the 01 forks are not great to start with. I think I'll go with the Race Tech Gold Valves as well. Thanks!

I weigh 225 in full gear. I set the comp at 15 clicks and backed the rebound to 10 clicks..went back out to the track on Sat and they seem to be better now. I have .48 eibach springs in them. When I had the oil at 130mm they bottomed way to much. 100mm seems to work well with my weight. I know the 01 forks are not great to start with. I think I'll go with the Race Tech Gold Valves as well. Thanks!

What rear spring are you using with those .48's?

doc

What rear spring are you using with those .48's?

doc

5.9 Eibach on the rear shock. The bike is great through the rockers...etc...no bucking or po-going. Will setting the rebound softer on the forks keep the front end from springing back or bouncing off of jumps?

5.9 Eibach on the rear shock. The bike is great through the rockers...etc...no bucking or po-going. Will setting the rebound softer on the forks keep the front end from springing back or bouncing off of jumps?

Persoanlly IMHO a 5.9 isn't stiff enough and you may be a little choppered out and not putting enough weight on the frt. causing some fork harshness.

doc