HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fss

the wr computer

11 posts in this topic

I might be getting a new bike soon. ( just need to get the idea past the wife first.)

been checking out brand new left over crf 450x and absolutly love them.

but the wr 450f has that kick ass computer.

both real nice bikes

for those who have wr"s with the enduro computor , how do you like them?

The computer is cool. But you can get a trailtech for less than $100 these days and have even more functionality. My stock computer is sitting on the floor in the corner of my garage and I now use a trailtech.

DO NOT be influenced to buy a wr because of the computer. Consider the WR because the motor screams, its super reliable and there is phenominal aftermarket support for it.

But you

I was able to program my 17 inch wheels into it.

That said I would not buy a bike based on the computer and still got the WR.

i like the stock computer. I had a Trailtech Endurance on my Xr650R and didn't like having to puch a button to have it back lit for a few seconds and the speed registered fairly slow.

I liked the 06 stock computer however i wanted a tach, so I have upgraded to a vapor, (almost 200 bux shipped to canada) so Im selling my stock computer and drive........

The WR has much more going for it than the computer, although I like the race mode setting.

I liked the 06 stock computer however i wanted a tach, so I have upgraded to a vapor, (almost 200 bux shipped to canada) so Im selling my stock computer and drive........

Hi Max, How is the Vapour on the WR? does it give you more functionality than the stock one? I know I gave it rave reviews but that was on my mates Polaris Quad so it would be great to hear a report of one on a WR.

Cheers

The computer is nice, but everyone is right; Don't let that influence your decision. I know two people who have 05 CRF450's, and they are nice, but not very reliable. I have an 06 WR450, and two buddies have 05's, and none of us have EVER had a problem with them. They are AWESOME!!! A little heavier than the CRF's, but you can't really tell when you're on a trail. Hope this helps--:worthy:

i like the stock computer. I had a Trailtech Endurance on my Xr650R and didn't like having to puch a button to have it back lit for a few seconds and the speed registered fairly slow.

Agreed! I put one my TTR250 (before my WR450) and it continually was changing speed read-out from say 5mph to 45mph without a change in my actual speed. I ride in the dark alot and the light only working for a few seconds did suck.

After I did all of my searches, window shopping etc., I went with the WR over the honda , very happy, glad i did. That said, my decision over new/used was decided by the "trick" new computer. It is nice and if you can read/understand the 8 pages in the manual to use it for more than a speedo/odometer, but for about $100. the vapor seems to be better.

It is an excelent bike. It stands alone without the puter.

John in Vegas