HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz450frider15

i wanna get a 50 tooth sprocket wat should i get for the front?

6 posts in this topic

Wow how much more low end do you need and how tight is this track? Its very easy to go up a tooth at a time in the back and see how it feels for you but personally I think the 14 in the front is already overkill. As you get more comfortable with the bike and start to get faster I thnk you may find that the stock 13/49 is perfect. Good luck.

Put a 13 on the front for more low end. A tooth drop on the front is equal to adding nearly 3 on the rear.

Wow how much more low end do you need and how tight is this track? Its very easy to go up a tooth at a time in the back and see how it feels for you but personally I think the 14 in the front is already overkill. As you get more comfortable with the bike and start to get faster I thnk you may find that the stock 13/49 is perfect. Good luck.

A 14t front sprocket gives higher (taller, faster, whatever you want to call it) gearing than a 13t. I don't know whiich model year we are talking about here but aren't all the YZ426/450's equipped with a 14t front sprocket from the factory?

A 14t front sprocket gives higher (taller, faster, whatever you want to call it) gearing than a 13t. I don't know whiich model year we are talking about here but aren't all the YZ426/450's equipped with a 14t front sprocket from the factory?

The '06/7 came with a 13. Otherwise, you're right.

I dropped to a 13 tooth on the front on my 03 450 it was quite a difference and a lot cheaper considering I didn't have to do any resizing to the chain it was still within spec. Like Wyatt said one tooth in front is equal to more than that in the rear. I don't know what the exact ratios are but I suspect it is the same as three up in the rear.