i wanna get a 50 tooth sprocket wat should i get for the front?

i have a 14 tooth front on there and i want more low end for the track i do for my 450 and suggestions?:cheers:

Wow how much more low end do you need and how tight is this track? Its very easy to go up a tooth at a time in the back and see how it feels for you but personally I think the 14 in the front is already overkill. As you get more comfortable with the bike and start to get faster I thnk you may find that the stock 13/49 is perfect. Good luck.

Put a 13 on the front for more low end. A tooth drop on the front is equal to adding nearly 3 on the rear.

Wow how much more low end do you need and how tight is this track? Its very easy to go up a tooth at a time in the back and see how it feels for you but personally I think the 14 in the front is already overkill. As you get more comfortable with the bike and start to get faster I thnk you may find that the stock 13/49 is perfect. Good luck.

A 14t front sprocket gives higher (taller, faster, whatever you want to call it) gearing than a 13t. I don't know whiich model year we are talking about here but aren't all the YZ426/450's equipped with a 14t front sprocket from the factory?

A 14t front sprocket gives higher (taller, faster, whatever you want to call it) gearing than a 13t. I don't know whiich model year we are talking about here but aren't all the YZ426/450's equipped with a 14t front sprocket from the factory?

The '06/7 came with a 13. Otherwise, you're right.

I dropped to a 13 tooth on the front on my 03 450 it was quite a difference and a lot cheaper considering I didn't have to do any resizing to the chain it was still within spec. Like Wyatt said one tooth in front is equal to more than that in the rear. I don't know what the exact ratios are but I suspect it is the same as three up in the rear.