Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
450 vet

xr500 big bore sleeve

5 posts in this topic

Well i figured i would post this here since there is no xr/xl 500 section.Anybody know if the big bore sleeve(95mm 567cc) requires case maching?I asked the company that sells them and of course they had no idea.I would like to get it if its not gonna be too big of a hassle,if not i'll just get the 2mm overbore(91mm kit) piston in 12 to 1 comp.Im looking for max performance for this ol'skoot.thanx

Well i figured i would post this here since there is no xr/xl 500 section.Anybody know if the big bore sleeve(95mm 567cc) requires case maching?I asked the company that sells them and of course they had no idea.I would like to get it if its not gonna be too big of a hassle,if not i'll just get the 2mm overbore(91mm kit) piston in 12 to 1 comp.Im looking for max performance for this ol'skoot.thanx

I don't know but look around where you live and call a few race shops and ask if they can press in a new sleeve and go for the bigger bore. It's pretty cheap.

Yeah i know i can get a bigger sleeve,i just dont want to machine my cases to do so.

Yeah, I didn't think about that. You can ask the sleve maker what the outside dia is on the sleve and measure the cases..