HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baja4lif3

Just got a WR426 today!

6 posts in this topic

Damn that thing is fast. It has a trail tech computer thing, free mods done, and is pretty much stock. I am making a christmas list and i just want to know what would be the best modifications to do to it? IM TAKING IT TO THE DUNES TOMMORROW WOOHOO!!! :cheers:

It depends on what type of riding you plan on doing. About half on my riding is tight stuff so I added a Scott's steering stab and a Rekluse. ......oh and don't forget about a bash plate. Another cool mod is the auto decompress ex. cam, you won't regret it :cheers:

baja4lif3 i have been riding mine w/ the free mods since i bought it brand new.. only things i have done are cosmetic.. Yz Fender ditch the number plate and loose the overflow bottle.. Other than that this thing is bitchen for the sand.. Ohh ya.. a Ribbed front tire and Kings turbo paddle for the rear and you will be golden. :cheers:

Congrats on the WR.

I also have a 02 WR426, with free mods and GYTR pipe. Runs leaner and hotter and needed a more rich mixture.

I would not bother with a steering damper , as I have gone full on in 5th on rough gravel roads and never a sign of headshake. It just adds weight IMHO.

Change your oil ever 250km - 400km dependant on temp and riding style. If the oil gets dark, change.

I used to foul plugs, and need 30 kicks to start until I REALLY took note of the starting procedure.

Down to 2-3 kicks after standing for a few weeks, or 1 when hot.

Love mine!