HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adamsvh67

Lowering Kit XR650L

3 posts in this topic

Thinking about the lowering bone for the L. Not wild about it as I love the ground clearance stock. Have been exploring on trails that dead end in rough spots that slightly shorter seat height would have helped me swing it around with a little better parcel on the ground...

Just wondering if anyone has used this with satisfactory results.

i installed the devol lowering link on my '06 650L, did it for mainly the same reason you are thinking (lower seat height). i slid the forks up in the triple clamps about 3/4" while i was at it and measured about 1.5" of drop at the seat. i've mainly ridden on the street since i installed it (hunting season is keeping me out of the local trails) it seems to work well at least in the limited trails that i have been in since the install though. now that my riding confidence is going back up after the 5 year lapse im actually thinking of going back to the stock height.

Yeah, was worried I'd want to return to factory height and don't want to have a $175 paperweight on my desk. :cheers:

Think I'll just keep hittin' the trails and see.:p