HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Old_Man_Time

Another Ride Report with my BRP

5 posts in this topic

looks like some really nice riding... i am going ot have to talk to my boss about moving our company out west.. what is the average cost of a house over there? i'm near boston so i don't even want to look anymore.

looks like some really nice riding... i am going ot have to talk to my boss about moving our company out west.. what is the average cost of a house over there? i'm near boston so i don't even want to look anymore.

Things are starting to change quite quickly around here. Up until 3 years ago a person could find a nice modest home for under $100,000. Since Microsoft, Yahoo and Intuit have started setting up house in our area things have dramaticly changed. Land and housing is going up by the week. Expect $160,000++ for the same home. Nobody wanted to live here so things were pretty inexpensive for most of the 22 years I have lived in Eastern Washington.

Two or three years ago I found 80 acres of nice flat desert land with power nearby and bordered by irrigation on two sides for $40,000.00. There were not farming water rights to the irrigation but you could put in domestic wells and the land could be subdivided. To me it was a no brainer but I couldn't get anyone to go in with me on it so I had to pass. All I wanted was 40 acres to build a winter riding area and maybe home on. Who would have known how quickly things would change. That is always going to be one of those "If I only woulda" memories.