HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sime

'02 YZ Stop Switch Wiring

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have a CDI unti from a YZ426F 02 model and a 00 model YZ426F and was wondering if they changed the plug for the stop switch on the 02 model? Has anyone got a picture of the plug? Also does anyone know how long the wiring is for the stop switch on the 02 and if it goes direct to the CDI as on the 00 model it goes into the loom then out again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers :cheers:

sime

I would think they are similar. Go to a Yamaha microfiche and compare the part numbers of the 2 harnesses. Even if they are different, just cut and splice the stop switch wiring. You can't wire it backwards...

I would think they are similar. Go to a Yamaha microfiche and compare the part numbers of the 2 harnesses. Even if they are different, just cut and splice the stop switch wiring. You can't wire it backwards...

Thanks for the idea i already checked out the microfiche and its a differant part number. Im not looking to hard wire or solder it on or change the plugs as I want it to be plug and play to simplify things.

If anyone with an 02 model could take a pic of the plug on the end of the stop switch where it goes into the cdi that would be grate i think its a white plug.

cheers

sime

The harnesses will have different part numbers. Look instead at the part numbers for the kill button. That will likely be the same. As I recall, it's just a simple pair of bullet connectors, one opposite the other.

The harnesses will have different part numbers. Look instead at the part numbers for the kill button. That will likely be the same. As I recall, it's just a simple pair of bullet connectors, one opposite the other.

Hey gray thanks for the info. The stock '00 model harnes used the bullet type connectors but the '02 seens to use an oval shape white plug i think?

cheers

sime