650L Carb main jet splash guard

I just opened up my 650L carb and found lo and behold someone has already been in dair, surprise, surprise. Well, why I was in there I found that the splash guard for the main jet had been pilfered and no longer around. Is anyone else running their carb without the plastic splash/slosh guard, you know the one that goes around the main jet and has to be modified if used with a long idle jet. Any problems running without it???

If you do some jumps, whoops, or g-outs and notice it falter, or bog, or miss, you might want to seek out a new one.

If you run fine, don't sweat it.

Dave

Just opened up my the carb to rejet on my 97 650L and found the same thing - no splash guard. I just bought from the orig owner with 2500 miles on it and Im pretty sure its never been opened up before. Maybe they didn't start putting them in until the later models :worthy:

My '93 has one.

my 06 650L didnt have a splash guard in it. i was the first one to open the carb so maybe they did start leaving them out in the later years...

my 06 650L didnt have a splash guard in it. i was the first one to open the carb so maybe they did start leaving them out in the later years...

For what it's worth, I opened up the carb on my '07 yesterday and it did indeed have one.

My 06 Has one