16 tooth counters

I have seen on E-bay 16 tooth counter for WR 450!

Do they really fit? If so gotta get one!

What is the stock tooth count? I just bought a 06 WR and it has a one tooth smaller counter on it.

Stock is 14/50. I currently have 15/42 on it.

16/42 would make a ratio of 2.62! 75 MPH cruise on

the back country roads.

Stock is 14/50. I currently have 15/42 on it.

16/42 would make a ratio of 2.62! 75 MPH cruise on

the back country roads.

Ive got a 16 on the front on 2001wr426, and yes it cruises at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle in top 75-80 mph. im not sure on my rear though as its a new bike for me :cheers:

Ive got a 16 on the front on 2001wr426, and yes it cruises at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle in top 75-80 mph. im not sure on my rear though as its a new bike for me :cheers:

Well looks like I am gonna order one.

The spline is the same on the WR as the old TT/XT 500 sprocket. If I remember correctly, they came in sizes from 11 to 17 teeth. I just checked the application chart in the TT store and they list the above sizes for the TT500.

The 15 tooth is a pretty tight fit, so i don't think the 16 will work. Probably need to remove the chain slap guard on the rear swingarm and you might have a chance.

Good luck!

Chris.

i just replaced the chain runner/guard thing on the swingarm. I had to take the sprocket off, get maximum slack on the chain and then the guard just about went in, did take a bit of jostling though. rather awkward for a part that needs replacing regularly IMO.