HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ossidog

16 tooth counters

8 posts in this topic

I have seen on E-bay 16 tooth counter for WR 450!

Do they really fit? If so gotta get one!

Stock is 14/50. I currently have 15/42 on it.

16/42 would make a ratio of 2.62! 75 MPH cruise on

the back country roads.

Stock is 14/50. I currently have 15/42 on it.

16/42 would make a ratio of 2.62! 75 MPH cruise on

the back country roads.

Ive got a 16 on the front on 2001wr426, and yes it cruises at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle in top 75-80 mph. im not sure on my rear though as its a new bike for me :cheers:

Ive got a 16 on the front on 2001wr426, and yes it cruises at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle in top 75-80 mph. im not sure on my rear though as its a new bike for me :cheers:

Well looks like I am gonna order one.

The spline is the same on the WR as the old TT/XT 500 sprocket. If I remember correctly, they came in sizes from 11 to 17 teeth. I just checked the application chart in the TT store and they list the above sizes for the TT500.

The 15 tooth is a pretty tight fit, so i don't think the 16 will work. Probably need to remove the chain slap guard on the rear swingarm and you might have a chance.

Good luck!

Chris.

i just replaced the chain runner/guard thing on the swingarm. I had to take the sprocket off, get maximum slack on the chain and then the guard just about went in, did take a bit of jostling though. rather awkward for a part that needs replacing regularly IMO.