HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish525

just got a 07?????????

11 posts in this topic

so what are the free mods if there are any and what about pipe slection I need a sparky and to meet the 96 db I just came off of a 05 wr and wanted a lighter bike this time to race in the califorina desert.

Do some research before you buy a fuel mixture screw. I bought one from Ride Engineering and it fell out in less than an hour.

It was probably not the fuel screw.They are all built just alike.If it fell out you might need to stretch the spring slightly.

Do some research before you buy a fuel mixture screw. I bought one from Ride Engineering and it fell out in less than an hour.
There are two reasons this happens, and one of them will cause even the stock screw to fall out. The first is that some of the fuel screws on the market are actually not made the same dimensions as the stock screw. Some tend to be very slightly smaller at the diameter that runs through the O-ring than stock. That can reduce the tension that the O-ring puts on the screw. The other is that people will install them with the too-lean factory jetting still in place, and back the screw out until the bike runs better. This will often put the screw at something over 3 turns out, and that will reduce the spring pressure on the O-ring, which reduces the tension on the screw, which lets it fall out.

Stretch the spring about 10-15%, and go up a size on the pilot if you find yourself more than 2 3/4 turns out.

You should not need to stretch the spring. As Grey stated you may have had the fuel screw too far out (3 or 3+ turns) which would confirm you need to re-jet. Sunline does make a fuel screw with a additional o-ring further down on the shaft to reduce vibration and unwanted backing out.

Jet kit and the GYTR full system(made by white brothers ) made an impressive difference. :cheers:

My dealer told me that Muzzy makes the GYTR exhaust system. I would love to know whether or not White Brothers actually makes it. Do you have any further information or resource to confirm? Thanks.

Thanks guys I all ready got a bunch of stuff for the bike befor I even got it and one thing was a fule screw I allways get scotts when it comes to thes things so there are no littly thing to do like on the WRs?