HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Italian Stallion

Where is the wr650 duai sport?

5 posts in this topic

Ok i am a motohead at heart but on the occasional sunday[after haveing to much vino] jumping on my yz450 and blasting down a wooped out downhill is not very appealing.So on these kind of days I ride my street cnv XR650R.How come yamaha does not make a machine like this? I think there is a huge market for these machines Tons of peaple are conv 450 motocrossers for ds and the factories keep making these pregnant horses that havent changed from the 70s!I would love to have a big blue ox to park beside my 450 a 650 with the new style high rev motor If they made one i would buy it tommorow.

yeah ive thouhgt about it ,what i have noticed is yamaha will stay away from some things like a wr650 while honda and kawi need em ,but one thing we have is the 700 raptor

yeah ive thouhgt about it ,what i have noticed is yamaha will stay away from some things like a wr650 while honda and kawi need em ,but one thing we have is the 700 raptor

Exactly why though? imagine that engine in a yzf stle frame and body and all the DS fiixings? man! they would sell like hotcakes.I see that KTM is the only one that only this year made a 525SX ds nice bike. but not enough CC's to compare to anXR650R and I would guess nowhere near as reliable for the job.And why is the XR R model not sreet legal from factory? I mean how many peaple ride the freaking Baja 1000! who does the factory have in mind when they make these bikes? I beleive yamaha could make a nice fast and reliable one and they have most of the tooling to do it already! They were first with the yz400f and look at what that sparked.A machine like this would generate alot of interest and is long overdue.

I really think that there isn't enough of a market for the 650 off road bikes in a global sense. I mean really, if you live east or in several other countries, you have to work hard to find places where those bikes shine. If there was enough demand the manufactuers wouldn't hesitate to build them. Look at Honda , they haven't done any improvements worth noting to the 650r for several years. Additionally, at the Baja winners this year, Honda is definately pushing the 450 agaenda. It's all about numbers and unfortunately they probabaly aren't there. It's too bad but I'm assuming the 650 from Honda which has been an awesome bike will cease to exist. Just my opinion. It would be really cool to see a WR650 but I don't think it will happen.

Id buy a WR650 in a heartbeat. I mean imagine. The punch of a small sportbike with full offroad capabilities. I used to have a KLR 250 loved the DS of it, hated the wimpy engine tho. The WR 426 or 450 looks good but still ... we are constantly tweaking these bikes to get more. You wouldnt have to tweak a 650, and if you did ... hehe