HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xr650l bum

losing fuel mixture screw!

7 posts in this topic

xr650l. I have lost one mixture screw already. I dont want to lose another. It seems that when the tab is cut off it now enables the screw to rotate freely and then completely out!!! I am trying teflon tape to make it tighter, even stretching out the spring to give it more force. What to do, and where to get another just in case?

i noticed the mixture screw on mine rotating out also, i put a zip tie around the head of it so that the tab of the tie hits the carb body keeping it from coming all the way out.

If its loose, make sure that the spring, metal washer, and o-ring are all in there, and in the right order.

Dave

I had a similar problem with my KTM and the only solution is to replace the spring. Over time, the spring looses it's tension and eventually allows the screw to vibrate out. I tried stretching the original spring and it lasted a little longer, but eventually the screw fell out. After I replaced the spring, no more problems.