Baja 1000 ... Who Won?!?

I'm dying here!

The live feed from the WeatherMan was a dud (I heard the server was overloaded);

The text messages from 307x's team that were relayed from my pa (InternalCombustion) stopped around 8p.m.;

I can't find ANYTHING on the web yet...

Did a privateer on a BRP actually beat out Honda's Best on a 450??

(Last message around 8p.m. said that 307x (BRP) was possibly 2nd or 3rd overall, with Ron Wilson set to jump on the bike in about an hour)

Please let me know!

Thanks

• Like 1

Here's a link for the live timing and scoring.

http://race.off-road.com/race/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=385758

It is depressing to see the end of an era, but in the end everything moves on, right? How many XR600R riders were pissed beyond belief to find that their bike was being replaced? How about the XR250/400 guys who were just plain dumped. Or the poor Kawi riders who were hosed when the KX500 was dumped without a 450 to jump to. At least Honda is still leaving those of us that want to race with a bike that is more than adequate for the task at hand. But we still don't have to like it. At least I don't.

It should also be noted, that although Heng and Co. won, Campbell and 6x, who finished 2nd on the bikes, were over 2 HOURS behind 1x. They were 1+ hr ahead of 400x, 300x, and 307x. This just shows that to win Baja you have to have a hitch free ride and 1x is the only tema that was able to do it this year. I can't wait to see the final write up on this thing from Honda. For the full propaganda slam, I'm sure hondaredriders.com will have a beauty article by early next week on the stone axe reliable CRF450.

I'm waiting for someone from the 450x post to start heckling us as overweight loosers.

i am pretty bummed about the 650r losing but i kinda expected it. even if the teams that were running the 650 were on 450's or vise versa they just didn't have the speed to win...

anybody wanna trade a plated 650 for a 450 ha ha ha

Here's a link for the live timing and scoring.

http://race.off-road.com/race/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=385758

It is depressing to see the end of an era, but in the end everything moves on, right? How many XR600R riders were pissed beyond belief to find that their bike was being replaced? How about the XR250/400 guys who were just plain dumped. Or the poor Kawi riders who were hosed when the KX500 was dumped without a 450 to jump to. At least Honda is still leaving those of us that want to race with a bike that is more than adequate for the task at hand. But we still don't have to like it. At least I don't.

It should also be noted, that although Heng and Co. won, Campbell and 6x, who finished 2nd on the bikes, were over 2 HOURS behind 1x. They were 1+ hr ahead of 400x, 300x, and 307x. This just shows that to win Baja you have to have a hitch free ride and 1x is the only tema that was able to do it this year. I can't wait to see the final write up on this thing from Honda. For the full propaganda slam, I'm sure hondaredriders.com will have a beauty article by early next week on the stone axe reliable CRF450.

I'm waiting for someone from the 450x post to start heckling us as overweight loosers.

No need to heckle, the 650R has a history rich with victory. There's a new kid on the block though. Wonder when Honda's new big bore CRF will be released???

No need to heckle, the 650R has a history rich with victory. There's a new kid on the block though. Wonder when Honda's new big bore CRF will be released???

Thanks for the kind words. I understand that the change is necessary, I just hate to admit that I'm seeing my beloved bike being put out to pasture. This is the second time for me, as I had to give up on my KX500's to go the 650R route. I guess I;m always behind the curve.

You know, this is what it comes down to. A group of us (the 650R guys) refuse to sacrifice the outright power and high speed comfort for the weight. The other side (450X) wanted less weight and accepts the slightly lower power output and high strung manners.

Hey Honda, don't you see we really want the bike that fits the middle of that description. A 550X would be the bomb!!

By the way, did anyone else notice that the rear fender of 1X in the photo on the first link does not seem to have the tailight mold in it? Were they by chance actually riding an R for even less weight since the motors are the same for the Honda guys at that level. I haven't seen a clear shot yet of the left side to see the e-start. Just a thought.

I'm dying here!

The live feed from the WeatherMan was a dud (I heard the server was overloaded);

The text messages from 307x's team that were relayed from my pa (InternalCombustion) stopped around 8p.m.;

I can't find ANYTHING on the web yet...

Did a privateer on a BRP actually beat out Honda's Best on a 450??

(Last message around 8p.m. said that 307x (BRP) was possibly 2nd or 3rd overall, with Ron Wilson set to jump on the bike in about an hour)

Please let me know!

Thanks

This site has great info and awesome video interviews!

www.digital1unlimited.tv

Their server had almost a million hits and crashed the server but things are calming down now. Great interview of Heng at the finish line.

when will the race be on TV? and what station?

honestly i don't believe the xr650r would be the best race bike for me at my weight {170lbs}. if i where racing i would want to be on a wr450f or 525exc.

we are not talking about reliability. we are talking about a race. i don't think there is a single 450 out there that couldn't handle a 1000mile race if built right. i think the 450x would be only good for parts after that. but who cares once you have won the race.

i think the 650r's future is going to be for "fat kids" in the sand and a long range bike for "skinny kids" who cant afford a 640/950 adv and wouldn't be caught dead on a KLR!

they already canceled the xr650r in Canada for 2007.......

It should also be noted, that although Heng and Co. won, Campbell and 6x, who finished 2nd on the bikes, were over 2 HOURS behind 1x.

having said that you gotta remeber that robbie bell crashed early on broke his chest protector and helmet visor and then kendall norman went down and rode for like 100 miles with a broken hand. they we're still hauling to keep a 51 mph average

I would be curious to see the stats on this.

When was the last time a BRP did NOT win Baja?

I bet you there is LONG record going on consecutive wins!

Any easy way to figure it out?

Well it sure as hell wasn't a 650L that won. I think they've been chewing it up since 99.

I really think both of the bikes are good. I dont own either one, i own a 96 600r. I've ridden both and are sweet. I honestly think that what ever bike you put team Honda will win. They'd probably do it on a CRF230 if need be. They really know the track and the capabilities of the machine. Plus a factory backing them.