Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nashty

Give my bike's power a boost !!

16 posts in this topic

Instead of spending thousands on a few HP, I'm going to hose my bike. And before everyone tells me what a mistake it is, save your breath. I've used it before and know how to work it. It helps to get the right system too.

34drlon.jpg

Drilled out the other side of the petcock to get a fuel pickup point then bent up the hardline for longevity of the system. The fuel lines take the route they do to still allow access for the carb. (That's an electric fuel pump beside the bottle). Top mounting points weld to the top engine mount which I had to duplicate in steel.

4cxauci.jpg

47s55ab.jpg

"Control box" which is nothing more than where all the wires terminate and the solenoids sit at. It sits where the overflow bottle used to be. It now just dumps into my overflow box (which you can see under the carb in the first pict

The bike is a SM / street bike (WR/YZ 426) with my own wiring and lighting. I'm redoing the switch assbly to use the horn button as the trigger switch.

I'll get it all powdercoated this week then try it out. Just thought I'd share a couple of picts as it's going together.

HELL YEA! I gotta get me one of them! Let us know how it turns out. You ought to run it on the dyno and see what your putting out. Nice work! :cheers:

The bike? I did my first SM race a couple of weeks ago. I'm hoping now that it's all street legal to ride it around alot, more than racing, but I will race it (SM) as much as I can. I'm definetly going to take the bike to the local dragstrip to see what it does.

I have a dedicated drag car too.

(I'll get some better pictures of it hopefully tonight. I tore it apart again to wire it up.)

Thanks - I did it in my garage the past few days. It's actually a used kit I snagged on eBay for about half price. I did all the fab work myself, kinda my hobby more than either drag racing or bike riding.