Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
finglan

Wr426 throttle stop

4 posts in this topic

I just got a new WR426 and read all the info on how to grind down the throttle stop on the WR400s to 8mm. Has any one done this to a 2001 WR? Is it exactly the same? I greased every bearing on the bike except the rear wheel bearings. I could not get them out. The bike had no greece in the steering stem at all!

Also whats the cheapest way to get some height out of the bars Iam 6'2" I saw advertised some where a raised set of pinch clamps for the bars but can't find it now.

Originally posted by finglan:

I just got a new WR426 and read all the info on how to grind down the throttle stop on the WR400s to 8mm. Has any one done this to a 2001 WR? Is it exactly the same? I greased every bearing on the bike except the rear wheel bearings. I could not get them out. The bike had no greece in the steering stem at all!

Also whats the cheapest way to get some height out of the bars Iam 6'2" I saw advertised some where a raised set of pinch clamps for the bars but can't find it now.

I also have a 01 426 and I took 10mm off the throttle stop and it works fine

I have an '01 WR426 and took off approx. 12.5mm. I started with 10mm, but it wasn't enough.