FMF Mega Bomb Real Gains or Just a lot of Hype?

i have the megabomb header on my 06 450. I think it really complements it well. The bike runs absolutely awsome. Major power. I didnt really run the bike without it, but i know how these bikes should run stock. I'd say that i am inmmressed.It definately looks cool, and many will comment about it. The only drawback that i see is that there is just more sticking out there to potentially get dented if you lay your bike down. Luckily i havn't yet. I would say that overall i give it a 9 out of 10. Check it out in my garage if you wan to see how it looks. I also run the factory 4.1 exhaust. It sounds and runs great to.

Conceptually, the idea is less to produce the most possible power at any one point than it is to produce as much as possible over the broadest possible range. The 'Bomb headers fool the engine into seeing the header as having no specific length, behaving as though it were both long and short. Every dyno chart (those not done by FMF) I've seen comparing different pipes on the same bike shows that they accomplish this most of the time, even though the peak figures may be slightly lower than with other systems.

:cheers: I have the setup and it is very quiet compared to alot of the others i ve heard ,IT MAKES GREAT POWER I JUST DYNOED MY BIKE AND I GOT 50 HP AND 34 TQ ,I LOVE THIS PIPE SETUP THE ONLY OTHER PIPE THAT COMPARES IS THE DR.D CARBON SYSTEM

I thought they did the same thing, just that the mega-bomb did more of it.:cheers:

Mine is just a guess. But i thought it would make more sense to make one like the mega bomb for example to be more Mid-Top which is what you get. And the powerbomb bottom-mid. Which is where i felt it at least...But im not 100% sure on what FMF claims