Need a shop stand.

Would guess the XRL needs a taller one....

Do most of you hippies use the foot-lift type, or do you call-up 6 or 7 friends to help lift your XR up on the standard stand.

Any particular brand to buy or stay away from?

Thanks.

I just squeeze the front brake with my left hand ,grab the right rear frame and lift it up on the stand.Rock it around a little to get it balanced and you're set.

sweet...hadn't thought of that...(yes I'm a noob)

Does a milk crate work? Wouldn't mind saving 60+ bucks for mods if the plastic would work.

You can use a milk crate, but odds are that the L will shortly deform said crate. At least if it is one of the cheap crates I've "borrowed" before. I've got a home brewed foot lever lift up stand for the quick stash in the garage, but when I need to do serious work (need a little more stability) it goes on a serious stand. A nice stable, solid, four legged one.

Thinking I'm looking for a cheaper solution.

Is 17" too low?

Hey man, like there ain't been no hippies here for the last 20 years, you dig? :cheers:

That is the cheapest "foot lift stand" I have found-if you can find a cheaper one let me know- and this is the cheapest stand I have found- if you find anything cheaper please post it! :cheers:

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/productDetail.php?prodId=309845&nav=6&sMMY=

Dude thats sweet you can even turn it over and put shit in it when you go offroading, well for me anyhow when I ride the R :p

I got onr for christmas.

It's an ATV lift from Sears a Cratsman and it lift all my ATV as well as the XR.

Once lifted you can roll the vehicle with ease.

I see it for 89.00

It's awesome!

Just got one from Wal-Mart. It's a GM Goodwrench brand for 70 bucks. Kind of large, but at a 1500 lb. rating, very stable. Thought this would be a nice do-all unit in case I get the wife a 4-wheeeler. Yes, it does go high enough to lift both wheels of my '07 XRL, although just barely. May install plywood pieces or something specific to grab skid bars. Comes with a decent set of ratchet-tie downs although I use them seldom. So far, I think it's a great choice.

AV

I just squeeze the front brake with my left hand ,grab the right rear frame and lift it up on the stand.Rock it around a little to get it balanced and you're set.

Yep. Me too.

Try this after a few beers for added entertainment value. :cheers:

I've got the craftsman also,but I heard you can get the samething cheaper at pepboys and other automotive dicount places.

rather then spending $20 on a tall crate just get 2 free normal milk crates and zip tie them together.

xrshop.jpg

Milky goodness. I don't recommend this method. I now use two cement gardening blocks I found in my backyard.

:cheers:

Check this stand out... cheapest one I have found

http://www.pitposse.com/posseliftstand.html

-----------------------------------------

Ocelot Pro Lift Stand II

1241012B.jpg

Sturdy aluminum, reinforced construction

Pedal mechanism for a quick and easy lift of your vehicle

Rubber top platform for positive traction

Prices starting at $49.99

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/product_family.asp?family%5Fid=11713&gift=False&mscssid=0EC9DAB2BAB9444E2A52145FA8CA79D0

If you're handy you can build one for nothing. Mine's 18" tall & is basically a small sawhorse. 4 2x4s cut @ a 5 degree angle @ the ends with a 2x6 top 14" long. Use some plywood scraps for bracing at the sides. Total cost: nothing if you got the stuff lying about.

If you're handy you can build one for nothing. Mine's 18" tall & is basically a small sawhorse. 4 2x4s cut @ a 5 degree angle @ the ends with a 2x6 top 14" long. Use some plywood scraps for bracing at the sides. Total cost: nothing if you got the stuff lying about.

Can you show a photo of your custom stand?

I like it.

Love to make sawdust and I like to ride.

Combine the two? Nice.