HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
squatpuke

Need a shop stand.

22 posts in this topic

Would guess the XRL needs a taller one....

Do most of you hippies use the foot-lift type, or do you call-up 6 or 7 friends to help lift your XR up on the standard stand.

Any particular brand to buy or stay away from?

Thanks.

I just squeeze the front brake with my left hand ,grab the right rear frame and lift it up on the stand.Rock it around a little to get it balanced and you're set.

1 person likes this

sweet...hadn't thought of that...(yes I'm a noob)

Does a milk crate work? Wouldn't mind saving 60+ bucks for mods if the plastic would work.

You can use a milk crate, but odds are that the L will shortly deform said crate. At least if it is one of the cheap crates I've "borrowed" before. I've got a home brewed foot lever lift up stand for the quick stash in the garage, but when I need to do serious work (need a little more stability) it goes on a serious stand. A nice stable, solid, four legged one.

1 person likes this

Check this stand out... cheapest one I have found

http://www.pitposse.com/posseliftstand.html

too small! you want one of these! mine was only $200cdn. chaep for how high it goes!

mxlift.jpg

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTORCYCLE-MOTOCROSS-SCISSOR-LIFT-STAND-CRF-YZ-CR-RM-KX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQitemZ4621077546QQrdZ1

scissor-lift-bike-stand.jpg

1 person likes this

That is the cheapest "foot lift stand" I have found-if you can find a cheaper one let me know- and this is the cheapest stand I have found- if you find anything cheaper please post it! :cheers:

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/productDetail.php?prodId=309845&nav=6&sMMY=

Dude thats sweet you can even turn it over and put shit in it when you go offroading, well for me anyhow when I ride the R :p

I got onr for christmas.

It's an ATV lift from Sears a Cratsman and it lift all my ATV as well as the XR.

Once lifted you can roll the vehicle with ease.

I see it for 89.00

It's awesome!

1 person likes this

Just got one from Wal-Mart. It's a GM Goodwrench brand for 70 bucks. Kind of large, but at a 1500 lb. rating, very stable. Thought this would be a nice do-all unit in case I get the wife a 4-wheeeler. Yes, it does go high enough to lift both wheels of my '07 XRL, although just barely. May install plywood pieces or something specific to grab skid bars. Comes with a decent set of ratchet-tie downs although I use them seldom. So far, I think it's a great choice.

AV

1 person likes this

I just squeeze the front brake with my left hand ,grab the right rear frame and lift it up on the stand.Rock it around a little to get it balanced and you're set.

Yep. Me too.

Try this after a few beers for added entertainment value. :cheers:

I've got the craftsman also,but I heard you can get the samething cheaper at pepboys and other automotive dicount places.

1 person likes this

rather then spending $20 on a tall crate just get 2 free normal milk crates and zip tie them together.

Check this stand out... cheapest one I have found

http://www.pitposse.com/posseliftstand.html

-----------------------------------------

Ocelot Pro Lift Stand II

1241012B.jpg

Sturdy aluminum, reinforced construction

Pedal mechanism for a quick and easy lift of your vehicle

Rubber top platform for positive traction

Prices starting at $49.99

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/product_family.asp?family%5Fid=11713&gift=False&mscssid=0EC9DAB2BAB9444E2A52145FA8CA79D0

1 person likes this

If you're handy you can build one for nothing. Mine's 18" tall & is basically a small sawhorse. 4 2x4s cut @ a 5 degree angle @ the ends with a 2x6 top 14" long. Use some plywood scraps for bracing at the sides. Total cost: nothing if you got the stuff lying about.

1 person likes this

If you're handy you can build one for nothing. Mine's 18" tall & is basically a small sawhorse. 4 2x4s cut @ a 5 degree angle @ the ends with a 2x6 top 14" long. Use some plywood scraps for bracing at the sides. Total cost: nothing if you got the stuff lying about.

Can you show a photo of your custom stand?