Can't find a 158 main jet. how about a 160 for Dave's mod?

I have a XR650L and can't find a 158 main jet. i can only find 155 or 160!

For Dave's mod and K&N, de-smog, removed snorkel, stock exhaust. Should I try the 155 or 160? A 152 is in there now.

How about the pilot jet, 52 or 55? 50 is in it now.

TIA!

Matt

I have a XR650L and can't find a 158 main jet. i can only find 155 or 160!

For Dave's mod and K&N, de-smog, removed snorkel, stock exhaust. Should I try the 155 or 160? A 152 is in there now.

How about the pilot jet, 52 or 55? 50 is in it now.

TIA!

Matt

I used 55/160 jets and am at about 500' ASL.

Stock exhaust, baffle is in sometimes, stock paper filter, de-smog, de-snorkel.

Runs well.:cheers:

• Like 1

My opinion with the stuff u got already I'd go for the 160. I'm at 100 ft and run the 165,Daves mods, snork pulled, IDS2 pipe only,K&N, dyno jet kit which most guys hate but I love it no probs, and 17 discs in my muffler.Just stage 1ed it and all I did was add 5 more discs to the muffler. If ur at 500 ft or more I'd stick with a 160 .

Todd:ride:

Y'all can hit baja designs (call 'em, don't try to figure out the right jet online!) or sudco for the jets.

Dave

Hey Dave

Thanks for the link to SUDCO, very cool site!

Which model carb is the XR650L? there are a ton listed but i dont know which one mine is. The only #'s i see on it are VE86 BLA BLA BLA but nothing like that on the site. Any ideas?

This is kind of a double post, i apoligize, i am trying to get the #'s so i can order the parts before i head to work

Thanks

From SUDCO:

N424-26-XXX "For some Honda PE Series carbs. Sizes #35-#80." is the pilot jet and 99101-393-XXX "For all Honda VB, VD, and VE series carbs. Honda, Kawasaki, CV and CVK Series carbs. Some Honda PD and PE Series carbs. Main Air Jet for FCR. Sizes #90-#200 available." Is the main. These are the XRL's jets.

Not sure what the model of the carb is. I have found a lot of conflicting info, its seems to me a "special" Honda PE series.

From SUDCO:

N424-26-XXX "For some Honda PE Series carbs. Sizes #35-#80." is the pilot jet and 99101-393-XXX "For all Honda VB, VD, and VE series carbs. Honda, Kawasaki, CV and CVK Series carbs. Some Honda PD and PE Series carbs. Main Air Jet for FCR. Sizes #90-#200 available." Is the main. These are the XRL's jets.

Not sure what the model of the carb is. I have found a lot of conflicting info, its seems to me a "special" Honda PE series.

thanks, but i am looking for the SLIDE as well

k