HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryah

05 WR450 speedometer?

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a replacement for the Odometer on an 05 wr450? I'd like to replace the Odometer with a Speedometer that has Odometer built in. Is there such a thing out there that will bolt using the original drive and cable?

I am using a Mechanical speedo for a 2001 XT 350 yamaha. It hooks right up to the wr450 cable but I had to dream up my own mounting system. I 've had it on my 03 wr 450 since January of 2003 and it's got over 5000 miles on it and it still works great. It also has a light in it which I tapped into the headlight wire. Viola, I can see how fast I am going day or night.. The speedometer cost me $116.00 back in 2003, should be about the same now.

Jim

Does anyone know of a replacement for the Odometer on an 05 wr450? I'd like to replace the Odometer with a Speedometer that has Odometer built in. Is there such a thing out there that will bolt using the original drive and cable?

Good Morning

I too have a 05 Wr 450. What I ended up doing was ordering an ENDURANCE Computer Kit from Thumpertalk store. It works sweet. Remember though you will have to drill into your Caliper to connect the pick-up. Go to thier website and it will give you 3 great pictures on what you have to do to get it connected. The instructions that came with it SUCK!!! It was only like 72 bucks as well. It has 2 different MAintenance logs as well as trip nad daily tripmeters. Buy it, You'll like it:ride: :cheers:

Lit_dueler

Yep, our Aussie bikes come with exactly what you are after! Problem is thet the quality of them is questionable (don't last long).

I replaced mine with a Trailtech unit. :cheers: