HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GENE426

Instructions for installing the TT Decompression plug

9 posts in this topic

Where are the dang Instructions for installing the TT Decompression plug????????????

I did like 3 searches and cant find them???????????

I just go mine in and want to make sure its installed right, Looks easy but dont want to take a chance

I'm going from memory.....so I might be wrong.

Loosen the screw that helps hold the original plug in (on the side, perpendicular to the old plug). Use a screw, or dental pick, or some other device to remove the old rubber plug. (I used an old screw I had lying around to yank it out).

Insert the new TT plug, using channel locks or some other tool, to fully insert the new plug. Screw the holding side screw in to lock into place. CAUTION: I've read that some people have stripped the side screw, so make sure the detent groove in the new TT plug, lines up correctly with the set screw, as you slowly turn it in. You don't need to really turn it in too tight. Ride.

some where there is a set of instructions that you can download form the tt store

I'm just to stupid to find it

I think your right but dont want to screw anything up

There's not really too much there to "f" up.

1) loosen the side screw (this helps retain the rubber OEM plug)

2) I used an old screw lying around (drywall type), and gently screwed it into the rubber plug, just enought to get a "hold" on that rubber plug.

3) slowly pull on the screw to yank out the old rubber plug

4) Insert the new TT plug with the gasket on it ( i think it already came with it on)

5) Use a pair of channel locks to slowly squeeze the plug into correct position, using the engine block as a point to pull on. I think I remember just using my hand to insert it.

6) Insert it, so that the groove on the TT plug, lines up with the screw you're going to secure it with. As long as you can see the groove thru the screw hole, you'll be fine. Tighten the set screw, don't "gorilla" it on, it can strip

You're done....As long as the set screw is in the recessed part of the new TT plug, it's not gonna go anywhere.

This isn't Rocket Science.

OK fine i'll do it your way

LOL

That what I thought too but with a $2500 engine i get kinda scared.

Hey where both old farts

LOL

GOT HER DONE

I think I might put some lock tite on that bolt

A touch of loctite or drill the screw head and safety wire to the old mounting boss for the decomp cable.