HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TDC71

Why call it a stage1?

5 posts in this topic

Yeah I'm the smuck who thought he found a stage 2 cam.My Quetion is why do they call it a stage 1 if there is no subsequent stage? It's like saying "you're ont he first floor of my house to a friend and when he asks about the second floor you're like there is no second floor.Doesn't make sense to me or Maybe my girlfriend is right and I'm having a "Blonde moment":crazy:

Todd

Yeah I'm the smuck who thought he found a stage 2 cam.My Quetion is why do they call it a stage 1 if there is no subsequent stage? It's like saying "you're ont he first floor of my house to a friend and when he asks about the second floor you're like there is no second floor.Doesn't make sense to me or Maybe my girlfriend is right and I'm having a "Blonde moment":crazy:

Todd

That's just the nomenclature commonly used for aftermarket camshafts. Don't know if that's a good answer...but it's all I've got!

The XR600/650L is about the only HOT CAM that doesn't have a stage 2 out of there line of camshafts. All other bikes have stage 1-2 and 3 listed for some bikes. They may have a stage 2 if there are more request or a need.

Since the same cam fits the 600R, perhaps they at one time had a Stage 2?

My guess is that all cams that are a little bump in power (a little more mid, top) over stock are Stage 1, the next level in lift and duration is the Stage 2, etc...

Since they only offer the one cam for the 650L, and it is only the next level over the stock cam, it is thus a Stage 1.