HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mxracer206

Ok, 05 YZ-450

2 posts in this topic

I was waiting to get an aluminum frame YZ-450, I have rode a lot of 450's but finally decided to put the 2-stroke away and get a new bike. I really wanted the new frame but got such a good deal on the 05 I could not pass it up. I was sad about giving up my 2-stroke and was kind of not excited about the deal as this is one model I had not ridden much. I must say I was pleasantly surprised Sunday, this bike is much better than I thought it could be at race speed. The bike felt much lighter in the air than expected and with the offset clamps I put on it turned so much better than stock. Already do not miss my 250 smoker and can't wait to get the suspension done and try it then. Only thing I did not like was the super long stock exhaust , it runs well but I would catch a glimpse of that chrome tip sticking out there and think some one was running up on me. Got a DR D comming.

Hell Yeh Man. I Got My 05 About 2 Months Ago And I Couldnt Be Happier. Friggin Thing Wheelies Everywhere. The Guy I Got Mine Off Of Had The Motor Built. Ported And Polished, Cams, And A 13.5:1 Piston. It Sounds Way Different Than A Stocker And Still Has The Stock Pipe. Check Out Bpm Racing Engines. Thats Who Ported It. Revs Super Fast. Change The Gearing To 13/51. Now At My Local Mx Track I Just Leave It In Third Everywhere And Let It Eat