FMF Q2 decibel level?

Anyone been checked by a ranger with a Q2 on your bike? We usually ride privately owned land but we've got a trip planned in Arkansas on forest land and I know the Factory 4 from my YZ is not gonna cut it. I thought about going back to my stock muffler with the PMB insert and leaving the Powerbomb header on. Is the Q2 that much more free flowing that I will notice the difference between it and the stock exhaust?

I have never been checked in Arkansas National Forest. I have a WHITE Brothers E2. It gives great low end and more power everywhere over stock with baffle removed. Where do you plan on riding? My friends and I went out north of Morrilton on sunday. The riding was awesome! Check online at Temecula Motorsports, they have the E2 for $299. Good Luck

-tmoney12

You can order the AMA 96db insert for your factory 4. I have the exact same pipe and ordered it.

It costs about $40 bucks. Call FMF (www.fmfracing.com) and they will send you one. Be sure to get the quiet packing also and repack your muffler with it. It costs an additional $45 or so.

These two things will make a big, big difference.

I passed the sound test at an enduro in October. I also passed a sound check at a local riding area here in california.

I am so suprised to be reading this thread.....if the Q2 barely passes, then what? Where I ride in Cali the rangers are VERY active when it comes to writting you a ticket or worse making you walk your bike back to camp and hanging it up for the day!

And no way will the stock insert go back in! Suggestions?

• 7 months later...