HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crrider491

How fast does it take to dry

10 posts in this topic

I put some JB weld on my case this morning on my CRF450. When should it be dry? I want to go riding tomorow :cheers: Is there any ways to dry it faster? Thanks

If there's oil behind your weld, make sure (i guess it's too late) to clean it up really good. No oil. otherwise it won't be as effective as it could be.

yeah, you should have cleaned it with brake or carb cleaner (not saying you didnt). It takes 24 hours for it to be at its strongest, but it is hard at 4-5 hours. Id say ride tomorrow, im not sure what id do if you didnt clean it with a solvent

It WILL NOT be dry in an hour or so. AT LEAST give it 12 hours. The outside will be dry in an hour or so, but NOT the middle...

It says right on the back of the package how long it will take to dry. I believe it says 12 - 24 hours... or something like that.

If there's oil behind your weld, make sure (i guess it's too late) to clean it up really good. No oil. otherwise it won't be as effective as it could be.

I did. I used brake cleaner and I scrubed it really good. It is strating to dry and be harder over time. It has been about 4 hrs and its getting harder. :cheers: