HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motivater

Buying new exhaust for XR650L

16 posts in this topic

Im ordering a new exhaust for my 2007 XR650L tomarrow (saturday)....any recomendations on which kind I should buy?......Im leaning toward a big gun. Also...what are your recomendations for jetting?

The FMF Q muffler with the power bomb header is a good choice. Xr's Only full stainless system with the quiet insert for the muffler is also on my short list. I am picking up a '07 650L tommorrow too!!

I plan to start with Dave's carb and de-smog mods that I found on 4-strokesonly.com then add a K&N air filter and open the top of the airbox.

Stage 1 is: de-smog/quiet pipe/jetting/airbox

DBM

i just bought a procircuit t4 for my 2004 XR 650L sounds great required no jetting even though procircuit sead it would.

I have a brand new, in the box Big Gun I bought from Baja Designs I will make a great deal on....Looks like a nice unit...Steel insert, ceramic coated exterior e-mail me if you are interested... Wattner@aol.com

Reason for sale...I had ordered an xr's only, and was told it was back ordered, so I ordered the Big Gun, and then the XR's Only showed up. I used the XR's simply because I have used their stuff for years, Freddie installed big fins, ported and polished the head, I have a coated XR's piston, etc....It was a tough choice...The Big Gun appears the same quality

The big gun is NOWHERE NEAR the same quality of the xrs only exhaust! The only thing similar is the price! The xrs only is ALL stainless, big gun is mild steel rusts from the inside out, the fit is nowhere near the fit of the xrs only, and due to the design the xrs only pipe is far superior! I have a FMF full system and loved it at first, but it got louder and louder, and has started to rust in the pipe before the silencer. If I had it to do over its the xrsonly pipe all the way :cheers:

The big gun is NOWHERE NEAR the same quality of the xrs only exhaust! The only thing similar is the price! The xrs only is ALL stainless, big gun is mild steel rusts from the inside out, the fit is nowhere near the fit of the xrs only, and due to the design the xrs only pipe is far superior! I have a FMF full system and loved it at first, but it got louder and louder, and has started to rust in the pipe before the silencer. If I had it to do over its the xrsonly pipe all the way :cheers:

6000mi on mine and it's perfect.

6000mi on mine and it's perfect.

8000 on my Big Gun "Race" and it's JUNK I will NEVER EVER buy a Big Gun.

Rust, Loud, it ate the "Quite" insert; it literally melted shut robbing my bike of all power :eek: The screws that hold the baffle in vibrated out.

I'm looking for a new pipe to replace this junk. $300 on a stupid exhaust is not something I look forward to paying.:applause:

I have a WB E-2 on my 400ex quad and like it alot no problems my 650l that i just bought has the WB e-series disc but they never put the deflector shield so it melted the rear fender a bit need the deflector to fix that.

im also looking for a new system for my 650r. i cant decide between the FMF with a powerbomb or teh full XR's only system:excuseme:

i have fmf on my other 2 bikes right now, and they work great. whats the power from teh XRs only like?