HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HawkGT

XR650R with JE 11:1 and HC stg 2

4 posts in this topic

Is anyone running a JE 11:1 with a Hotcams stage 2 camshaft? I'm considering this settup but I'm concerned about how much dynamic compression that would likely yield. I'd be seriously miffed if I went through with it only to find that the 91 pump found around my area proved insufficient.

thanks

I am running the wiseco 11:1 with the stage two hotcam and it makes a bunch of compression. I have ran 89 octane through mine on several occassions but 91 does work better. Only bad thing with this setup is its kinda hard to start not having the auto decop on the stage 2 cam but once started its gonna run like a striped -assed monkey :cheers:

The HRC kit piston runs at 11:1 compression, and although the cam is milder than than the stage 2 hot cam, Honda recomends no lower than 96 octane fuel for the full HRC kit motor. I'm at usually at altitude (6000+) so I can usually get away with pump 91, but she's happiest with 91 pump, 113 leaded blended to approximately 100 octane. When I'm on straight pump fuel, I can hear her knockin' if I really lug the motor down, and the motor does seem to run hotter. When I'm running race fuel, it seems that my BRP also has a much lower tendency to boil over, compared to my riding partner's BRP.

I am running the wiseco 11:1 with the stage two hotcam and it makes a bunch of compression. I have ran 89 octane through mine on several occassions but 91 does work better. Only bad thing with this setup is its kinda hard to start not having the auto decop on the stage 2 cam but once started its gonna run like a striped -assed monkey :cheers:

Yes it does, I just rebuilt mine w/ the stage II,680 motor,I have the edelbrock on it, new stainless valves ,starts 2nd kick stone cold -sea level every time. Powerband is insane low through mid through top and the low is still able to pull Oprah from the buffet line:busted: