HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbleon

Stator Output: wr426f ???????

7 posts in this topic

Anyone know the stock wattage output on a 2001 wr426f??? Im looking to fit a battery, but supposedly i need at leased 75 watts... Any input is much appreciated! Thanks

If my memory is still working somewhat correctly it seems like the WR 426 stator put out 120 watts. I installed a 426 stator on my WR 400 because it only put out 80 watts. This was over 5 years ago so I could be off a little a on the wattage but I know that it is way over 75.

Jim

If my memory is still working somewhat correctly it seems like the WR 426 stator put out 120 watts. I installed a 426 stator on my WR 400 because it only put out 80 watts. This was over 5 years ago so I could be off a little a on the wattage but I know that it is way over 75.

Jim

Is this right?A higher output 426 stator WILL bolt right in to a wr 400. Also do you have to change the flywheel as well?

RDB,

Yes, the later model stator is a direct bolt in. And Yes the flywheel is also the same. (all WRs of course) I got my stator from PowerSports Pro back when I did this (about 2001 or 2002) as they were the cheapest but maybe the ThumperTalk Store can beat their prices.

Jim

RDB,

Yes, the later model stator is a direct bolt in. And Yes the flywheel is also the same. (all WRs of course) I got my stator from PowerSports Pro back when I did this (about 2001 or 2002) as they were the cheapest but maybe the ThumperTalk Store can beat their prices.

Jim

Jim - did you also have to swap out the regulator (attached to the left side of the steering neck stem) to handle the extra output?

I don't think the regulator would need to be changed. All it regulates is the voltage and not the current. I think it can handle the little extra current supplied.