Stator Output: wr426f ???????

Anyone know the stock wattage output on a 2001 wr426f??? Im looking to fit a battery, but supposedly i need at leased 75 watts... Any input is much appreciated! Thanks

If my memory is still working somewhat correctly it seems like the WR 426 stator put out 120 watts. I installed a 426 stator on my WR 400 because it only put out 80 watts. This was over 5 years ago so I could be off a little a on the wattage but I know that it is way over 75.

Jim

120w is correct

If my memory is still working somewhat correctly it seems like the WR 426 stator put out 120 watts. I installed a 426 stator on my WR 400 because it only put out 80 watts. This was over 5 years ago so I could be off a little a on the wattage but I know that it is way over 75.

Jim

Is this right?A higher output 426 stator WILL bolt right in to a wr 400. Also do you have to change the flywheel as well?

RDB,

Yes, the later model stator is a direct bolt in. And Yes the flywheel is also the same. (all WRs of course) I got my stator from PowerSports Pro back when I did this (about 2001 or 2002) as they were the cheapest but maybe the ThumperTalk Store can beat their prices.

Jim

RDB,

Yes, the later model stator is a direct bolt in. And Yes the flywheel is also the same. (all WRs of course) I got my stator from PowerSports Pro back when I did this (about 2001 or 2002) as they were the cheapest but maybe the ThumperTalk Store can beat their prices.

Jim

Jim - did you also have to swap out the regulator (attached to the left side of the steering neck stem) to handle the extra output?

I don't think the regulator would need to be changed. All it regulates is the voltage and not the current. I think it can handle the little extra current supplied.