HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brightman

xr650l exhaust

10 posts in this topic

hey guys,just joined and think the site looks good .i do have 1 question for ya.will a stock 650r exhaust fit on a 650L bike.i have a 01 650L.HERES THE DEAL,i messed up on ebay and am winning a bid on a exhaust tip for a 650 r.i know i'm stupid ,i didnt notice it was for the r model...so.....i figure ill just get the r muffler and put it on my bike and then i can use the tip on it...kind lame aint it? thanks for any info ,am looking forward to using this site in the future....thanks ,

Hello, get a dremel tool and grind the welds off of the tip, then remove the two bolts, then pull out the silencer, It makes the bike sound a lot better...( not too loud)...and breathe better..If you dont like the sound...just put it back in with the screws....I had a 650L...traded for a R

Do you have to rejet your Xr650L if you take out the unsrew and take out the silencer on the end?

Hold it up to the bike- if its a near fit and you're good with tools and maybe have a welder...

Or just re-bay it.

Dave

Hello, No U dont have to..But if it has stock jets, U probly need to!.try #158 main jet and #52 slow jet..also take off smog pump If it has it...If U bought the bike used some of these mods may have already been done..But just taking the tip out of the exhaust wont require rejetting...

Hello, No U dont have to..But if it has stock jets, U probly need to!.try #158 main jet and #52 slow jet..also take off smog pump If it has it...If U bought the bike used some of these mods may have already been done..But just taking the tip out of the exhaust wont require rejetting...

thanks!! Im just trying to keep it simple right now.....have a aniversery yellow 2006 R6 that im putting my time in right now.....thanks again!!