do big bores overheat?

My tired '00 426 just blew 3rd gear. I'm tearing the engine down to fix this and will be doing the top end while I'm at it. I'm leaning towards the Eric Gorr 440 with hot cams and mild head work.

Has anyone had (or heard of) over heating issues with the big bore kits? I can't find anything in the past threads.

Thanks,

Jeff

I dont have any experience with yamaha's, but my riding buddy has a CRF470R which doesnt have any noticable overheating problems. At the GMB V race we waited at the bottom of a jump for the 393 bike to pass (Motoman393's bike) and we were both sitting next to eachother with our bikes running for a minute or so after the bikes were hot from running a 6 lap race (long laps). I'm not sure what coolant he is running, but I know that mine would have boiled over if I didnt have engine ice in there. I my 450 has boiled over several times in the past (mostly durring slow woods riding) before adding engine ice, so I am comfortable with saying that it works pretty well.

Hope this helps :cheers:

Yep.......three weeks, 10 hours and 26,1/2 minutes ago!:crazy::worthy::eek:? :p :bonk:

Just got back from Glamis with my new bike all tricked out. Just got the 06 Husky 450, frame powdercoated, Suspension work on by the best......and still....I wish I had the 03 YZF back.....Damn :bonk:

To the Kid that bought my bike, You'll never know what went into that bike....damn your lucky!:cheers:

http://www.gpkings.com/

Chaz

Yep.......three weeks, 10 hours and 26,1/2 minutes ago!:crazy::worthy::eek:? :p :bonk:

Just got back from Glamis with my new bike all tricked out. Just got the 06 Husky 450, frame powdercoated, Suspension work on by the best......and still....I wish I had the 03 YZF back.....Damn :bonk:

To the Kid that bought my bike, You'll never know what went into that bike....damn your lucky!:cheers:

http://www.gpkings.com/

Chaz

sounds like you regret selling it...I know what goes into it Chaz.....lots and lots of money.....same with mine.