Where do you draw the $ line between buying and 06 and 07?

What is everyone's two cents between the 06 vs 07? I know they are very similiar, i know the 07 has the wave brake rotors and the longer rear suspension,(or something like that) better fitting pro tapers for a tall guy, BNG and all that. My question is how much more is the 07 worth to you compared to the 06. Found a great deal on a 07 and am debating whether i just buy the 07 now or wait a few months and see if i can get the 06 for even cheaper. Is an 07 really $400-$800 better than the 06? I know resale will be better on the 07 but if fuel injection is introduced in 08 i am gonna killed anyways!

If we were talking about new bikes only, I think I'd be prone to spend as much as $6-700 more for an '07. Depends on my mood and my budget.

If we were talking about new bikes only, I think I'd be prone to spend as much as $6-700 more for an '07. Depends on my mood and my budget.

Or by the boss' mood!!

Look at the upgrades: wave rotors, tall bars....not a whole lot. I'd only spend $3-400 more on the '07. Plus if your are looking at the financing option....the '06 may have a better deal.

yeah, i guess the redesigned frame ain't worth a penny.

yeah, i guess the redesigned frame ain't worth a penny.

Would it be noticable by most? Good thing I am entitled to MY OPINION!

I have the 07 and have ridden the 06. If you're not racing get the 06. They're both fantastic bikes!

I have the 07 and have ridden the 06. If you're not racing get the 06.

huh??????????.....are you saying the 06 is no good to race?

If you can get a good deal on 07 I would go for it plus you would be riding this weekend :cheers:

I saved over $1500 buying an '06($5500 otd) vs the '07($7000 otd)...no brainer for me. I don't feel there's $1500 worth of improvements...in fact, after reading the recent '07 tests and riding one, I prefer the 2006.

But I ride primarily off-road.

Seem's like this is getting to be the question of the year. Joe Jet has a good point about racing. If you race hard and put a lot of time on your bike you wan't to have the current year bike for several reason's. I personally have no problem riding a bike that is not new, I still ride my 2000 YZ-250 as fast as any 450. I ride most of the new bikes quite a bit so the new bike bug doe's not get as bad for me. Performance wise you do not give up much on the 06 YZ-450, a lot of the changes are almost personal preference. I am a little short and tend to ride on back of the bike so the lower rear on the 06 work's for me, $700 to $800 might keep me off the 07.

i think the 07 is better, worth the extra $, even for the easier clutch pull

if you got the 06 , the likley hood of a guy spending $200 for higher bars is there, i riden the 06 and loved it , i have been waiting two months now for the 07.(hope it's worth it.)

Hmmm.....not sure I ever remember using the clutch on my '05......

:cheers:

if you got the 06 , the likley hood of a guy spending $200 for higher bars is there

I guess you mean $200 Canadian

Think about resale unless you plan on riding it into the ground. On an 06 your already on a one year old bike, if the diff is less than a grand between an 06 vs an 07 go w/ an 07.

I picked up an 07 for 6700 OTD in Victoria Tx

I picked up a blue 07450F a few weeks ago in Socal for $6,799 OTD. The 06 was around $6,000 OTD. As mentioned above, I would have had to buy new bars immediately as the stock on the 06 was too low. This, the changes that were made for 07 and the fact that a one year newer bike would bring a higher resale made the decision for me.

$400 Maybe! Unless you love white, than maybe $600. Either way your a winner.