HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
never59

Where do you draw the $ line between buying and 06 and 07?

16 posts in this topic

What is everyone's two cents between the 06 vs 07? I know they are very similiar, i know the 07 has the wave brake rotors and the longer rear suspension,(or something like that) better fitting pro tapers for a tall guy, BNG and all that. My question is how much more is the 07 worth to you compared to the 06. Found a great deal on a 07 and am debating whether i just buy the 07 now or wait a few months and see if i can get the 06 for even cheaper. Is an 07 really $400-$800 better than the 06? I know resale will be better on the 07 but if fuel injection is introduced in 08 i am gonna killed anyways!

If we were talking about new bikes only, I think I'd be prone to spend as much as $6-700 more for an '07. Depends on my mood and my budget.

If we were talking about new bikes only, I think I'd be prone to spend as much as $6-700 more for an '07. Depends on my mood and my budget.

Or by the boss' mood!!

Look at the upgrades: wave rotors, tall bars....not a whole lot. I'd only spend $3-400 more on the '07. Plus if your are looking at the financing option....the '06 may have a better deal.

yeah, i guess the redesigned frame ain't worth a penny.

Would it be noticable by most? Good thing I am entitled to MY OPINION!

I have the 07 and have ridden the 06. If you're not racing get the 06. They're both fantastic bikes!

I have the 07 and have ridden the 06. If you're not racing get the 06.

huh??????????.....are you saying the 06 is no good to race?

I saved over $1500 buying an '06($5500 otd) vs the '07($7000 otd)...no brainer for me. I don't feel there's $1500 worth of improvements...in fact, after reading the recent '07 tests and riding one, I prefer the 2006.

But I ride primarily off-road.

Seem's like this is getting to be the question of the year. Joe Jet has a good point about racing. If you race hard and put a lot of time on your bike you wan't to have the current year bike for several reason's. I personally have no problem riding a bike that is not new, I still ride my 2000 YZ-250 as fast as any 450. I ride most of the new bikes quite a bit so the new bike bug doe's not get as bad for me. Performance wise you do not give up much on the 06 YZ-450, a lot of the changes are almost personal preference. I am a little short and tend to ride on back of the bike so the lower rear on the 06 work's for me, $700 to $800 might keep me off the 07.

i think the 07 is better, worth the extra $, even for the easier clutch pull

if you got the 06 , the likley hood of a guy spending $200 for higher bars is there, i riden the 06 and loved it , i have been waiting two months now for the 07.(hope it's worth it.)

Hmmm.....not sure I ever remember using the clutch on my '05......

:cheers:

if you got the 06 , the likley hood of a guy spending $200 for higher bars is there

I guess you mean $200 Canadian

Think about resale unless you plan on riding it into the ground. On an 06 your already on a one year old bike, if the diff is less than a grand between an 06 vs an 07 go w/ an 07.

I picked up an 07 for 6700 OTD in Victoria Tx

I picked up a blue 07450F a few weeks ago in Socal for $6,799 OTD. The 06 was around $6,000 OTD. As mentioned above, I would have had to buy new bars immediately as the stock on the 06 was too low. This, the changes that were made for 07 and the fact that a one year newer bike would bring a higher resale made the decision for me.