best way to mono 426

whats best method and gear to use to mono a 426. Have had the bike just come up while accelerating, 1st & 2nd .would love to be able to do those slow controlled ones and get a bit more consistant:eek: :cheers:

keep practicing and find your pivot point. precise throttle control is the key to stay on pivot. you should be able to pull the wheel in any gear but i would guess third would be best to learn with since it will bring the front up nice and easy and your throttle control wont be as snappy in a higher gear. i have a yz450f and i can pull it up in first and wheelie it through forth and hold it there as long as i like . keep practicing and youll be holding wheelies as long as you want. then you can work your way up to slower and slower wheelies

I find the best thing to do is start in second gear(with the bike moving very slow), practice getting your revs right then pop the clutch and hang on. G'day muffinman LOL

I find the best thing to do is start in second gear(with the bike moving very slow), practice getting your revs right then pop the clutch and hang on. G'day muffinman LOL

Pop the clutch on a 426!? Are you nutz. That will just break the tire loose if your luckey. If your not ull be on your rear watchin the rear fender of the bike get torn off. I have a 02 426. Havnt had it long and im comin off a 95 klr 250 but I have had the most success with 3rd gear and gently roll the power on while havin my weight off the seat a little and further back then normal. The front end comes up easy then and I just slowly move my weight forward to balance it out and ride it as far as I want. Just my $.02 worth.

just watched a guy on video google doing an instuctional video on a drz 400, the guy is nuts but what an awsome video. clutching the bike up in every gear, he is the man