HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TDC71

Anyone running the stage 2?

22 posts in this topic

Been seeing lots of guys raving about the stage 1 Hotcam. But not many stories about the stage 2, Just ordered the stage 2 after reading the specs and where in the rpm range the most performance is gained. So my question is who's got a stage 2 in their 650L and is it worth it? Couldnt see getting the stage 1 cause the 650L has butt loads of torque off the line, in my opinion it lacks it in the mid to high range thats why I opted for stage 2. So lets hear the bad and the good on stage 2 .

Todd

Thanks for all the replies:thumbsdn: I'll make sure to post more questions here cause all the feedback was mindboggeling Guess of all the thousands of 650l thumpers I'm gonna have the only stage 2, I'll be sure to let u guys know how it works after u catch me at the next light. Have a good day:p As you may see i am a little peeved no one answered.

Todd

1 person likes this

Thanks for all the replies:thumbsdn: I'll make sure to post more questions here cause all the feedback was mindboggeling Guess of all the thousands of 650l thumpers I'm gonna have the only stage 2, I'll be sure to let u guys know how it works after u catch me at the next light. Have a good day:p As you may see i am a little peeved no one answered.

Since I think it is the same cam as is marketed for the 600, perhaps some people who have the same type of cam can give some feedback.

When I look at the Hot Cams website they only show a stage 1 cam.

Todd

2 people like this

Thanks Cleonard was thinking i had leoprosy or something. That makes sense.My friend is parts man at our local Honda shop and he found the stage 2 for me and sent over the specs. Well if anyone is running a 600 cam let me know how u like it, and sorry if I pissed anyone off bot I'm a little edgy after finding out repubs lost the House n Senate Then Rumsfield steps down, Bush sucks hard.

Todd

the hotcam for the 600 is the hot cam stage 2 for the 650, i run it in mine thing pulls like a a rino with a rocket up its ass

2 people like this

the hotcam for the 600 is the hot cam stage 2 for the 650, i run it in mine thing pulls like a a rino with a rocket up its ass

That might quite possibly be the best analogy that I have heard in a long time!! :cheers:

1 person likes this

Thats about all the testimojnial I was looking for! great write up! Im buying the hotcam for sure now!

Yes, I have the Stage II plus other goods :cheers: on my beloved "R" and it does indeed pull as stated above and more:thumbsup:

I dont know where you are getting your cam, but Hot Cams has one cam only, for the 600/650L. The 650R has a stage one and stage 2. Hot Cam 650L is a part number 1004-1 (notice the dash one-----meaning stage 1)

there is NO HOT CAMS brand, stage 2 for the 650L. Either you are getting yanked, or the cam you are getting isnt the hot cams. Is this "stage two" going to cost more than a "stage one"? Call hot cams and ask them about their stage 2, you will get a lot of silence in return.

I've done a lot of research on this and I have to agree, I have not found a stage-2 HotCam for the XR650L.

I should also say I'm not calling you a liar, I would just like to see the part number for this Stage 2 cam you're talking about.

tHANKS FOR UR REPLY CAM GOES IN TONIGHT RHINO COMES OUT TONIGHT.hAVE A GOOD ONE WILL POST RESULTS.

TODD

I trust my friend completely on this one, he even double checked when I advised that a few people didnt believe there was a stage 2. I'll get the part# today when i go to pick it up at the dealer.

Todd

How is the reliabilty of the stage 1 or 2 cam ? Any problems ?

How many miles have you ridden with the new cam ?

How is the gas milage compared to stock ? (im sure its a gas whore now ) :cheers:

I trust my friend completely on this one, he even double checked when I advised that a few people didnt believe there was a stage 2. I'll get the part# today when i go to pick it up at the dealer. Todd

Thanks man, I appreciate you offering to help us out. I'd love to get my hands on this cam.

Thanks man, I appreciate you offering to help us out. I'd love to get my hands on this cam.

dont hold your breath

HOT CAMS does NOT make a stage 2 for the XR 650L

when i purchased my cam there was a red slip inside saying all what bikes this cam fit on and i do believe the 650 was one of them and it said which model it was and it said stage 2 for all you people with the hot cam check your box you may be ale to find it.

Yeah its a Fu%$#&% stage 1. Friend is a boob, but the cam rips hard, lost a little low end but got some back by bumping my IDS2 from 17 discs to 22.Now I gots me a DRZ400SM eater:applause: Hate those supermotos suzuki makes,always figured big cubes trumps until that little bike kept up with me. Let u guys know how good it really is when I blow past the next one I see:applause:

Todd

I have to replace my camshaft, and I like the idea of more mid and top-end power. TDC71: is it harder to wheelie in 1st gear now? What sprockets are you running?

I love the low-end torque on the L, but I'd like enough mid-range to break the rear tire loose and get sideways a little on dirt-roads. Hard to do with the stock bike.

Seldon