06 450 Dr D exhaust & Rad lowering kit

I was curious if anyone who has installed the Dr D. exhaust on their 06 or 07 yz450's have also installed the Dr D. radiator lowering kit as well. If so, how much of a difference did it make in handling and overall feel?

Also, what kind of difference did you notice in the powerband with the new pipe versus stock?

thanks..

I was curious if anyone who has installed the Dr D. exhaust on their 06 or 07 yz450's have also installed the Dr D. radiator lowering kit as well. If so, how much of a difference did it make in handling and overall feel?

Also, what kind of difference did you notice in the powerband with the new pipe versus stock?

thanks..

I would tend to think that the lowering kit would work better on the 2006 than the 2007. Reason being, Yamaha lengthend the shock this year to make the front end more planted.

I was curious if anyone who has installed the Dr D. exhaust on their 06 or 07 yz450's ... what kind of difference did you notice in the powerband with the new pipe versus stock?

Significantly improved low end, good boost in the middle, not much detectable difference on top. While the bike still gives the impression that it is less powerful than my '03, the two bikes run side-by-side on asphalt until the '03 starts to fall back in top gear. The '06 remains far more rideable than the '03 in terms of power management.

I heard and i'm sure someone could correct me about it but in order to run the Dr.D lowering kit you have to use there headpipe or another lowboy setup.Is this true?

I heard and i'm sure someone could correct me about it but in order to run the Dr.D lowering kit you have to use there headpipe or another lowboy setup.Is this true?

I just ordered my pipe and radiator lowering kit today, yes you need to run a lower head pipe with the kit. Dr D will give you the lower pipe when you order your new system if you request it that way. They plan on making all the head pipes lower in the future.

Grayracer, thanks for the input, that is exactly what I was looking and hoping for...

Jeffboyd, does that mean the stock header that comes with the SA system will also not work, you have to order a special "lower" one to get the Radiator lowering kit to fit?

I emailed them 3 days ago, and still haven't heard anything...

They answer a lot of questions. They'll get to you.

will this mod, radiatior lowering kit, work/help on a 07?

will this mod, radiatior lowering kit, work/help on a 07?

Based on what I have read, I don't see how it couldn't help, I am just curious how much. I want to buy the Dr D exhaust because I want an SA also but I want to see if the stock header works for this kit or if you have to have a modified one before I buy it. I figure for 50 bucks the lowering kit is a good value for the better handling..

I think it made a significant difference in the handling of the 07 I rode, It was nothing like mine!