Will a Baja Design Headlight fit the XRL ?

Ill throw this out to the masses. Does anyone know if the Baja Designs Headlight

601101big.jpg

Will fit and mount onto the XRL ? How was it to wire up ? I dont like the OEM one.

Thanks in advance

not sure but I think the instrument cluster will get in the way, and they mount using rubber straps around the forks

Looks kinda the same to me....

Nope

:mad:

Nope, wont fit worth a dern!! Instruments in the way!!

Get the 8" round hid, it will change the looks forsure, you will be able to see at night, a long way!! Yep, its pricey but you wont see too many L models that look like yours!!!! And the baja designs light you inserted, is not as good as stock, lighting wise, and does look very similar!

Can you tell me why it wont fit ? Is it that the rubber straps arent long enough ?

If you do not mind having a good view of the front fender, it will work but because of the instruments it will not properly align for being able to see and yes the straps are too short, you can stretch them and get them on but they wont stay.

I have one of those Acerbis headlights on my 600 and I can tell you that it doesn't work nearly as well as the stock light on your 650L. Mine always slips down and puts too much light on the front fender.

Dam.......:mad:

I need a slick headlight to compliment her bow

107737558-L.jpg

As stated earlier the baja designs 8" round hid, is the baddest light out there! You dont need the double, a single will be more than adequate!

As stated earlier the baja designs 8" round hid, is the baddest light out there! You dont need the double, a single will be more than adequate!

no no the double is the baddest light out there :mad: I will have one and on coming cars beware:eek:

Really nice bike Wattner !

OK, the Baja Designs light came today. I was expecting the worse. The verdict ?

It went on easy guys. Come on , you fellas give up that easy ?

And just plugged right into the stock plug ! Straight, even keel, and looks better than the huge scuba mask light. IMO anyway.

Pictures to follow. Also put on the WB E2 pipe...:cheers:

Gotta love this bike !

Hello DockingPilot, I am amused at how many posts you have....

You must have pretty fast hands or.....

Its more "&%$#@!". I wish I had that much time on my hands. TT has a gemlin. Bot why couldnt the payroll dept. have a glitch like that ? :cheers:

Really nice bike Wattner !

OK, the Baja Designs light came today. I was expecting the worse. The verdict ?

It went on easy guys. Come on , you fellas give up that easy ?

And just plugged right into the stock plug ! Straight, even keel, and looks better than the huge scuba mask light. IMO anyway.

Pictures to follow. Also put on the WB E2 pipe...:cheers:

Gotta love this bike !

so it fit with the stock instrument cluster?

Yup. Pretty easily too. Snug as bug. Straight and even. Ill post pics soon. Looks very good too. They realy eye opener is the E2 pipe ! You have one too no ?

Sounds excellent.

Yup. Pretty easily too. Snug as bug. Straight and even. Ill post pics soon. Looks very good too. They realy eye opener is the E2 pipe ! You have one too no ?

Sounds excellent.

yeh I got the e2 thats one badass pipe:thumbsup:

How do you have yourself jetted ?

didnt change anything from being uncorked runs to dam good!