HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
700MX

Does anyone make lowering brackets that utilize stock pegs

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone make these lowering brackets so i can still use my stock pegs?

Thanks!

Cut the bushing off the bottom of them and put it on the top side of the pin instead of the bottom of the peg. Then swap the springs from side to side.

(Thanks Jeff)

Roger

Cut the bushing off the bottom of them and put it on the top side of the pin instead of the bottom of the peg. Then swap the springs from side to side.

(Thanks Jeff)

Roger

That is a great idea.....does it feel ok since you shift them back a bit a the same time?

Does any actually make the brackets though if I dont want to murder my pegs?

Ive never heard anything for the stock pegs. But i have Fastway Pegs and you can drop them like a inch under stock if you choose to do so while mounting. And there really nice and grippy. You can find them most places for 89-99 dollars.

Do the lowering mod as mentioned above it is very easy. What is murdering a peg? If you cant afford to replace stock pegs altered during a mod, then a lowering bracket is probably out of the question (if there is such a thing). Are you lowering the pegs because you are tall? The peg mod mentioned is a nice comfortable position and at a size 10.5/11 boot, I shift with no difference. It cant take 15 minutes to do the mod.

I did mine ( '06)a while ago real comfortable I'm 6'4 seemed like more room for the feet too.

I used a dremmel tool and a couple of cut off blades.

After that you need to grind them a bit to get them to fit around the bolt head take your time here cause you want to get the pegs at the right angle.

I used a cut off blade to do this then a grinding stone to dish it out.

15 min? like too see that.....

Do the lowering mod as mentioned above it is very easy. What is murdering a peg? If you cant afford to replace stock pegs altered during a mod, then a lowering bracket is probably out of the question (if there is such a thing). Are you lowering the pegs because you are tall? The peg mod mentioned is a nice comfortable position and at a size 10.5/11 boot, I shift with no difference. It cant take 15 minutes to do the mod.

The reason I am hesitating about cutting my pegs is that if i dont like it, I cannot switch back. I figure if I can get a bracket, I could swap back if it felt strange! I am not huge, 6', but would like to try to open things up a bit. I love the YZF, I just find myself feeling a bit cramped on the bike in comparison to my 06 CRF last year.

Actually, you can switch back. Just juggle the "spacers" back under the pegs and return the springs to their original locations.

Actually, you can switch back. Just juggle the "spacers" back under the pegs and return the springs to their original locations.

I guess I could............sweet. Thanks guys

buy a set of Fastway pegs. They are lower and wider and provide an awesome platform. I had them on my RMZ and loved them and just bought them for the YZF.

I have some Fastways in the mail coming to me. Are they difficult to install? I've never fooled around with the pegs before.

I have some Fastways in the mail coming to me. Are they difficult to install? I've never fooled around with the pegs before.

NO not at all. Its pretty easy and shouldnt take you more than 20-30 min.

NO not at all. Its pretty easy and shouldnt take you more than 20-30 min.

Yea it took me like 10 minutes for both sides.

The angle isnt really critical, it is just a spacer, though mine is cut straight. I weigh 255 no gear and have never bent or broken a pin. Why does 15 minutes sound fast? 2 cotter pins, 2 cuts and switch springs from 1 side to the other. I even did it with a hacksaw, pegs are soft. I bet it was closer to 10 minutes!

The angle isnt really critical, it is just a spacer, though mine is cut straight. I weigh 255 no gear and have never bent or broken a pin. Why does 15 minutes sound fast? 2 cotter pins, 2 cuts and switch springs from 1 side to the other. I even did it with a hacksaw, pegs are soft. I bet it was closer to 10 minutes!

What year bike have you done this on?

I was not talking about the angle of the collar.

After you lower the peg it will not sit right now you will need to shave off the right amount of the peg around the lower bolt for the mount so the peg sits straight. '06 not the same as steel framed bikes. TI footpegs with a hacksaw will take some time or my hacksaw is crap?