HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ga426owner

NFLR needle jet in a 06 - results

17 posts in this topic

I did some testing last weekend after installing the NFLR needle in the 06. This is the stock needle for the 07. DRD recommends this needle to clean up some of the issues with 06 jetting...needle jet cost 5-10 dollars

my results - with NFLR on 4th clip...45pj, 168mj...just at/ or under 2 turns out - fuel screw...temps about 60-67

Much crisper throttle response - I ran U4 and this needle works much better than the stocker

Fuel screw adjustment - seemed much better, more responsive to adjustment leaner/richer....absolutely no popping on decelleration.

the NFLR is staying in my bike...from this point on..installation was a 10min affair - as you have access to top of carb from the top of the bike w/o removing bracing...just loosen front airboot adj allenhead and twist the carb to the left side of the bike slightly..with gas tank /seat removed

In you post you state needle or needle jet as stated on the thread title? The needles were NFLR for both 05 and 06, but the needle jets were different. Needle JET right?:mad:

I did some testing last weekend after installing the NFLR needle in the 06. This is the stock needle for the 07. DRD recommends this needle to clean up some of the issues with 06 jetting...needle jet cost 5-10 dollars

my results - with NFLR on 4th clip...45pj, 168mj...just at/ or under 2 turns out - fuel screw...temps about 60-67

Much crisper throttle response - I ran U4 and this needle works much better than the stocker

Fuel screw adjustment - seemed much better, more responsive to adjustment leaner/richer....absolutely no popping on decelleration.

the NFLR is staying in my bike...from this point on..installation was a 10min affair - as you have access to top of carb from the top of the bike w/o removing bracing...just loosen front airboot adj allenhead and twist the carb to the left side of the bike slightly..with gas tank /seat removed

Have you be sniffen the U-4? Both of my yz 450s came with the NFLR in them!DUHH

I vent to NFPQ-5 (the next richer jet needle from stock) to

get ride of the popping.

You went leaner (.5 clip from stock) .. strange carb on this bike.

The jet needle has almost nothing to do with decel backfire. Most of that is caused by the pilot jet.

Have you be sniffen the U-4? Both of my yz 450s came with the NFLR in them!DUHH

I dont think so.............not stock in 03-06

The jet needle has almost nothing to do with decel backfire. Most of that is caused by the pilot jet.

agreed Greyracer...I did not mean to incuate that the NFLR will cure this...the PJ and correct air/fuel screw will fix this...

just posting my results as they seemed to match what DRD preaches...

I ran the NFLR needle in the 06 but with a 48 PJ (2 Out ) power nows front and rear with the TPS disconnected with a 165 main on 91 octane union 76 with exellent results.

the 07 has

45 (3 Out) I think I need a 48 also

NFLR

Power nows & tps disconnected

The thing rips

Been running the NFLR 4th clip for a month now...nice crisp response

summer 45/165

winter or under 80 degreess 48/170....so far

What elevation are you at?

I'm at sea level with temperatures in 60-80 range in winter with moderate humidity and 90 range in the summer with high humidity. I'm debating between 48 168 and 48 170. Is the NFLR needle worth it? I heard changing from the stock to the NFLR will negate the 48 pilot.

I'm debating between 48 168 and 48 170. Is the NFLR needle worth it? I heard changing from the stock to the NFLR will negate the 48 pilot.

Why don't you just buy all the jets listed above? That way you have them and you can adjust for your situation. Not all bikes are the same...what works for me may not work for you...

Why don't you just buy all the jets listed above? That way you have them and you can adjust for your situation. Not all bikes are the same...what works for me may not work for you...

Yes, I plan on getting a 45 and 48 pj and 165,168,170 mj. I was just trying to find out if the NFLR needle was a unanimous favorite or not. I'll pick one up just in case.