desert tank for XR650L

were can i find a desert tank for a 2004 XR650L, or will a XR650R desert tank work?

were can i find a desert tank for a 2004 XR650L, or will a XR650R desert tank work?

Acerbis or clark. No a tank from an XR650R won't fit.

IMS makes a nice tank as well....

I've seen all three tanks and I think it just going to be personal preference as to which one you really want or can afford. They all seem to be great tanks from what I have seen in person. I actually bought a Clarke 4.7ga for my 84 XL600R as this was the only thing available for that bike. Now had there been more options I would have probably gone for the bigger of the three. JMHO!

I had bought a Clark for my ride and 4 gal was not enough. Just replaced with 6gal Acerbis. My Clark is for sale.

I had bought a Clark for my ride and 4 gal was not enough. Just replaced with 6gal Acerbis. My Clark is for sale.

R or L

I thought the Clark was better made than the Acerbis and it fits without a fight. The gas petcocks on the Acerbis are attached with sheet metal screws into the plastic. The Clark has a molded in nut plate and uses the stock petcock.

Today 09:49 AM

RichW I thought the Clark was better made than the Acerbis and it fits without a fight. The gas petcocks on the Acerbis are attached with sheet metal screws into the plastic. The Clark has a molded in nut plate and uses the stock petcock.

Yes the Clark is a better design and easer to install, But only 4 gallon. Clark does not make a 6 gal. Clark to install 1hr with beer breaks, :p Acerbis 3.5hr with mods not listed on instructions and no rest. On off, on off, cut here, cut there. NOT RUNNING OUT OF GAS, PRICELESS!!!:cheers:

Today 04:49 AM

pigryder, R or L

The tank for sale , and my ride - 2006 XR650L

i run the clarke 4.7 and it was a snap to install,if you go down with a tank any bigger i dont know if it would survive a hard crash,my tank seems pretty wide already and i have bit it in the dirt and only had a slight scratch.