HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sdpitch

desert tank for XR650L

9 posts in this topic

were can i find a desert tank for a 2004 XR650L, or will a XR650R desert tank work?

Acerbis or clark. No a tank from an XR650R won't fit.

I've seen all three tanks and I think it just going to be personal preference as to which one you really want or can afford. They all seem to be great tanks from what I have seen in person. I actually bought a Clarke 4.7ga for my 84 XL600R as this was the only thing available for that bike. Now had there been more options I would have probably gone for the bigger of the three. JMHO!

I thought the Clark was better made than the Acerbis and it fits without a fight. The gas petcocks on the Acerbis are attached with sheet metal screws into the plastic. The Clark has a molded in nut plate and uses the stock petcock.

Today 09:49 AM

RichW I thought the Clark was better made than the Acerbis and it fits without a fight. The gas petcocks on the Acerbis are attached with sheet metal screws into the plastic. The Clark has a molded in nut plate and uses the stock petcock.

Yes the Clark is a better design and easer to install, But only 4 gallon. Clark does not make a 6 gal. Clark to install 1hr with beer breaks, :p Acerbis 3.5hr with mods not listed on instructions and no rest. On off, on off, cut here, cut there. NOT RUNNING OUT OF GAS, PRICELESS!!!:cheers:

Today 04:49 AM

pigryder, R or L

The tank for sale , and my ride - 2006 XR650L

i run the clarke 4.7 and it was a snap to install,if you go down with a tank any bigger i dont know if it would survive a hard crash,my tank seems pretty wide already and i have bit it in the dirt and only had a slight scratch.