So What's the scoop on the 07 YZ450?

I just got one from Simi Cycles and have been on it 4 times. In the past year I have gone through a 05 CRF250, 06 RMZ 450, KTM 250 SXF and NOW the YZF 450. I did not like the Suzuki 4 speed and the bike felt big so I got the KTM which is a great bike but still needs to be ridden hard like a 125. The new 07 YZF is the best and easiest bike to ride and does not have the wicked hit that other 450' had. I just raced it in the GH Vet championships and stole 2 holeshots without even practicing any.

Just go buy one and you will love it.

Haven't heard much in the way of rider reviews or bike tests yet? It sure looks nice, but I'd like to heard some opinions? Anyone?

Also, what do you think the OTD will be in SoCal?

I have no idea OTD pricing but have put some laps in on my son's bike. I have to ride it with his suspension settings and the bike will handle for both of us with no problem. The suspension is very good on this bike off the showroom, the forks are so good you almost forget that shock is back there. The front end sticks in every type of corner imaginable and goes straight in the rough stuff. This is the best suspended and most balanced bike I have ever ridden. It feels almost as light on the track as my 250 2-stroke. The only thing I noticed was it seemed to jump a little front end low, my son loves it but I would change the clickers a little for me.

As for the motor, it did feel a little sluggish at first but after lowering the float level and re-jetting it is night and day better. It seemed to load up in corners at first due to high float level. We are still running stock exhaust and after you get used to it being so quiet you realize that the bike is going seriously fast when you start braking for the next corner. The power is so smooth it will fool you but I can ride more laps without getting tired than on any other 450 I have ridden. I know we will put an exhaust on and maybe one tooth on the rear for some tracks but you could race this thing stock in most classes.

Overall, I like this bike much better than the 06 RMZ-450 we have and even better than the 06 YZ-450 I rode a little last season. The changes made were small but noticeable. Bottom line, I would love to have one to call my own.

Being that you're in Kansas, you know this how????

Rickk call up L.A Yamaha, they will have the best no bull$#!t OTD price.

Most peeps on this board that are form california always say that they pay retail for there bike.That is why i said that.I doubt that L.A. yamaha could even come close to prices that we pay here in the midwest.This is just my two cents.

Most peeps on this board that are form california always say that they pay retail for there bike.That is why i said that.I doubt that L.A. yamaha could even come close to prices that we pay here in the midwest.This is just my two cents.

How much are paying and where?

My family live south of Topeka, so a drive back that way is always easy to justify.

Was even considering heading on over to Columbia MO, to the dealer that sells "damaged bikes" for cheap...next time I'm back that way.

I think you need to go back and research your facts again. California prices do tend to be higher because of the State fees/taxes involved in OTD figures, and because of the market. A Google search for motorcycle dealers in Kansas produced 144 hits. Th same search in San Diego, Ca., returned 105. For Los Angeles, the number was 497, more than 3 times the number for all of Kansas. For the most part, hot sellers like the '06 don't sit on the showroom long at any price until the end of the model year, if it's replaced by something even more desirable. But "most people pay retail" is inaccurate. The fact is that while there are a lot of dealers who insist on trying to gouge every customer they see, the majority will mark the bike down to make a sale. Of everyone I know who owns an '06 YZ450, not one paid retail.

In simpler terms, sorry, you're wrong.

Do NOT feel as if you have to pay retail for an 07 in CA. I bought an 07450F from Hahm last week for $6,799 OTD. Even financed it through Yamaha and got a Snap-On torque wrench. It was very simple. Not sure if they will do this on every one of their 07's but their are some dealers out there that will! I simply called them up and told them I was going to be buying one today and if they would agree to this price right now, I would be there in 15 minutes. I told them there was about 3 dealers between where I live and there shop and that I'm sure one of them would sell to me at that price. This is not a steal and I'm sure they made money on me, but it wasn't worth my time to save another hundred or two hundred. I don't think anyone is going to get an 07450F OTD in CA for much less in the next few months.

I think you need to go back and research your facts again. California prices do tend to be higher because of the State fees/taxes involved in OTD figures, and because of the market. A Google search for motorcycle dealers in Kansas produced 144 hits. Th same search in San Diego, Ca., returned 105. For Los Angeles, the number was 497, more than 3 times the number for all of Kansas. For the most part, hot sellers like the '06 don't sit on the showroom long at any price until the end of the model year, if it's replaced by something even more desirable. But "most people pay retail" is inaccurate. The fact is that while there are a lot of dealers who insist on trying to gouge every customer they see, the majority will mark the bike down to make a sale. Of everyone I know who owns an '06 YZ450, not one paid retail.

In simpler terms, sorry, you're wrong.

We are not talking about a 06 grayracer we are talking about a2007 model look at the topic.What i said was that from what i have seen on this board it is harder to come by deals on motorcycles in california.Most prices that i've seen on here are very close to retail plus sales tax.

I mentioned the '06 in order to frame it within the context of my own first-hand experiences, rather than hearsay. Those include bikes purchased in mid-year, such as mine, and at the beginning and end of the model year. To extend it farther to what I have read, I still have heard of no one who paid retail, although I'm certain there are those who just walk in an pick up whatever they want regardless of he cost. As an example:

I bought an 07450F from Hahm last week for $6,799 OTD.
In as much as MSRP is $6999, and the sale necessarily includes at least 7.5% sales tax and a $35 reg fee, that makes the price $6292.09, assuming the dealer charged no set up, or related fees, which would mean the base price was even lower. That's a cool $800+ mark down on a newly introduced top selling item. Retail would end up being $7558 plus any set up charges, etc.

So, maybe you can search out a number of examples of Californians having paid $7400+ OTD to support your contention. I doubt that you can, and I doubt that they would be in the majority, which is what you said.

As an example: In as much as MSRP is $6999, and the sale necessarily includes at least 7.5% sales tax and a $35 reg fee, that makes the price $6292.09, assuming the dealer charged no set up, or related fees, which would mean the base price was even lower. That's a cool $800+ mark down on a newly introduced top selling item. Retail would end up being $7558 plus any set up charges, etc.

The sale was actually written up with the $35 reg, a $5 or so tire fee and setup was around $100-$150 so the bike price was $6,100+ After doing my research on this forum, I heard that invoice was $5,900 for this bike which is why I didn't need to shop around. Hahm was the first place i called and since they agreed to MY PRICE over the phone, I agreed to go right in to their store. I forgot to mention that it was a monday and it was near the end of the month October 30th, if that made the difference.:mad:

Their ad in cycle trader said they would beat anyones advertise deal by $100 and LA CYcle advertised the YZ450F for $6,899 OTD. That was my justification.

you are right.that must be why you are a moderator.I miss the days of the easy going forums.I'll just read posts from now on.:mad:
I'm sorry that you couldn't take a dig at the residents of another state without being challenged on it, too. :mad:

As a side note for those who think they've found a good deal outside of California, let me point something else out. OTD prices in places that have no sales tax on vehicle purchases will seem quite tempting, but when you bring your prize home and register it in CA, the DMV is going to hit you with the same tax. They can't call it a sales tax, but they do levy a "Use Tax", which, oddly enough, is exactly equal to the State sales tax. For instance, a friend of mine bought an '06 in Utah while he was there, and was extremely pleased that he got it for $6400 OTD. When he got done at the DMV, he was up to 6800, $200 more than I paid for mine. :mad:

So, Kyle, you are correct in that it costs more to buy a bike here than in other places, but it isn't connected to the high prices charged by dealers that you appear to have assumed it was, and you can't make such comparisons without considering the whole picture.

After tax (6.5% I think), setup, registration, and freight, and an additional $480 for a 4 year extended warranty I paid $7500 and $7600 out the door. Based on the grin on my face riding it and listening to the kid squeal like a little schoolgirl running his down the street and back the other night, it was a bargain. We also paid to get the first 2 of 3 delivered here too.

As a side note: I didnt even notice you got moderator. Congrats dude, you have brought a lot to TT in your posts.

As a side note for those who think they've found a good deal outside of California, let me point something else out. OTD prices in places that have no sales tax on vehicle purchases will seem quite tempting, but when you bring your prize home and register it in CA, the DMV is going to hit you with the same tax. They can't call it a sales tax, but they do levy a "Use Tax", which, oddly enough, is exactly equal to the State sales tax. For instance, a friend of mine bought an '06 in Utah while he was there, and was extremely pleased that he got it for $6400 OTD. When he got done at the DMV, he was up to 6800, $200 more than I paid for mine. :mad:

This is a good point. I was quoted $6,600 delivered to my door in CA from a dealer in the midwest. Sounded great but add the tax at the DMV when I go to register it and it would have been about $7,100 total.