HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbehr624

Hand Guards

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I was thinking about getting some Power Madd handguards. Does anybody have these or have had these. Thanks for any input and if anybody has some pics of their 06/07 with handguards i would like to see them.

I've heard that the PM's are kind of a pain because of the way they mount... prone to coming loose and flopping around while riding, but I've never actually tried a set. I have Acerbis Rally Pro's with GYT-R triple clamp mounts, and that is a solid setup if you are looking for full coverage handguards instead of just roost protection.

IMG_3392-1.jpg

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

These are the GYTR hand guards and triple clamp mounts, but they are not listed on the website anymore. I think they are the same as the Cyrcra Pro Bends.

These are the GYTR hand guards and triple clamp mounts, but they are not listed on the website anymore. I think they are the same as the Cyrcra Pro Bends.

You know, if you use an '03/'05 fuel cock, the hose will come off it going back instead of forward, and you can get rid of that loop in the line. :mad:

Thanks, I didn't know that. I thought there was something wrong with the tank when I got it because the stock fuel hose wouldn't reach when the instructions said you could reuse all the stock parts. I didn't know at the time that I could have turned the stopcock backwards and used the stock fuel hose. Although, I think that is poor design idea. I don't like the way it looks either but it runs great. I'll be changing it this winter, with the other upgrades, so I'll get one of the 03-05's then.