Is Dr.D exhaust the best for 07' YZ450F ?

I read something in Dirt Rider Magazine I think (all others seem to be a freakin "fashion mag" dont you think) anyway, Dr D seemed to give riders the most usable difference of torque at low and midway, plus better top HP. Do any of you feel the same? I LOVE the huge torque of my highly modded 426- now a 444 big bore, but I am a little ashamed to say the 444 pulls my arms out sooo much they ache for a few days after riding so I have changed my technique to more of a low rpm "blip it when you you need it" style vs "put a death grip on the bars and pin it" I am going to sell my 444 and buy a new 07'450 very soon so you guys check out "my garage"and see if you like it. Thanks for your input. JR:ride:

I think that DR.D makes the best exhaust for the money. I got a 07 YZ450F and that is what I will be running. I called them and they said the exhaust will broaden the whole power range. I do know that the stock silencer has a much smaller hole than the 06 so it is very restricted. One thing I am a little concerned about is there header bends down and over the oil filter cover. I asked them if it is in the way of removing the oil filter cover and they told me no.

Not even close. It is well made, but there are better units out there.

Get the WhiteBrothers ALuminum or Carbon Pro exhaust system if you want the best. Quality, price and power is all top notch. The 2 system comes with different endcaps and a S/A insert.

needless to say it is what the factory bikes run

I wouldn't say that their is a best pipe. It all comes down to personal preference. Each pipe changes the characteristics of the power delivery. What a pro likes is not what a novice like, same goes for the track and trails. most of todays pipes are made well some just cost more than others, not to mention different materials cost alot more than others. A carbon pipe could cost hundreds more than an aluminum and no performance gain.

Dubach spends more time on the YZ than any other person. He is one of their R&D riders and if anyone knows that bike it would be him, not saying that he makes the best pipe for the bike. You just have to look for what you want the pipe to do and find one that meets your budget. A stock bike is faster than we will ever hope to be.

For me cost is a big issue!How can i explain to my wife that a 600 dollar exhaust is a good investment for my dirtbike.When i buy an exhaust it will be a White bros.M-4 exhaust or that new fmf,they both retail at 300 bucks.I might be able to get a thunderalley but i think any system i put on my bike will be good enough for me.

I think that DR.D makes the best exhaust for the money. I got a 07 YZ450F and that is what I will be running. I called them and they said the exhaust will broaden the whole power range. I do know that the stock silencer has a much smaller hole than the 06 so it is very restricted. One thing I am a little concerned about is there header bends down and over the oil filter cover. I asked them if it is in the way of removing the oil filter cover and they told me no.

I had a Dr. D on my '04 and had to remove the header each time I opened up the oil filter cover. Maybe they changed the bend in the header for the newer 07 line. Other then that, I loved the pipe.

I have a W/B Alum Pro on my 2004 450 and the pipe packs a punch from a pretty much a 1/4 throttle to WFO. I lucked out and bought it from Motosport Outlet for low$$.(watch for year end close-out sales)The end had a small crack I called W/B and they told me to ship it out and they would replace it. The new pipe came back in a couple weeks and it was the 05 model (I initially had the 04 system) The other good feature was the 04 header had to come off for oil filter changes, and the 05 has a higher bend and does not need to come off. The air filter that comes with the exhaust is trick and I have both end caps.

If your in FL, they will be plenty of people with 07's.....just ask them to take a quick rip and test a few. There are people who swear on this, swear on that in this forum.....and the Mags are highly biased to advertising. Narrow it down with forum research, but make your final pick with a test ride and get the one you like best. I love the YOSH full TI system, and rode quite a few first.

Well you dont have to remove the header pipe. I have the Dr.D full system and when I need to change my oil filter I just loosen the header bolt and nut and rotate it up a little bit so that it can clear the oil pump cover. With that full system and the boyesen quickshot I never get any bog and if I am a gear low, I can just pin it real quick to clear a jump. It does sign off on the top a little bit but for someone who only gets to race once every few months, this is not really an issue. Great pipe.

We have no clearance issues with the Dr.D vs. the oil filter cover. It's not in the way.