Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikekx1234

Top Speed Of Kx 85???

33 posts in this topic

ive got an 04 kx 85 and would like to know how fast it will go

its a big wheel if that helps with a 14 tooth front sprocket and the rest of the bike is stock

could anybody guess how fast it would go:cheers:

Off the line, my 100 lb 11 year old gets my 43 year 220lb fat a#s on my 02 KDx200. :mad: But I always blow by him on the staright when I shift into 6th>:mad:

me and my friend raced his dad on his harley to see what r bikes did he has a 2003 yz85 and it maxed at 71mph and hes about 115 pounds. hopfully that will help ya

depends on your rear sprocket. I know the 03 yz85 on stock sprockets will run out at about 75mph.

Honestly, with stock sprockets, i wouldnt say much more than 60mph. You can change that with gearing though (make the front larger and rear smaller).

up the track we got a long straight limestone road wif no cars cos they cant get in. i drag my bro and dad. its like a couple of miles long so thats why i wouldnt mind doin 60mph on a dirt bike (i'd like to do 100 mph)!:mad:

a 85 cant do that. when riding down the street to get to the local riding spot my friend on his yz 125 would come flying by me in 4th gear when i was topped out. it was stock geraing but im gonna have to say around 55-60

They will go much faster if you put in a new power band.

(I figure that answer fits the post)

Ok guys, I had a 03' KX 85 pure stock, except I had to put a bigger sprocket on the back b/c it was geared so high and I needed to gear it down some. (and that didn't even help) But I had one of my friends drag race it and it was in the 6 second area, give or take a thousandth of a second, and that wasn't even topped out it was only half of 6th gear pullin a wheelier from start to finish.

You can do a lot with these bikes, wouldnt be suprised if you could get an 85 up to 60, but no faster than that.

It depends on way too many factors to be answered here, as you can probably see from all of the replies. Gearing, tires size, tire wear, surface you are running on, condition of the engine, everything effects top speed. Your bike might do 50 mph, it might do 70 mph. No one on the internet can tell you for sure.

Got a GPS unit you can use? Throw it in your pocket and let her rip.

They will go much faster if you put in a new power band.

(I figure that answer fits the post)

What size band do u put in it:ride:

If the odometer/speedometer on my bike are accurate my son's '03 KX85 tops out at 64MPH

PS Bike is stock from dealer

Gearing, tires size, tire wear, surface you are running on, condition of the engine, everything effects top speed.

so what will be faster a big wheeler or a small