650l header question...

i took off my white bros. pipe to inspect the header(stock one)... and noticed it is totally cracked where the pipe meets the baffle!! i got to get it welded. i was looking at the inside to see what to grind down,i see the bump that is part of the flange it looks like..it looks slightly bigger i.d. than the pipe...i am concerned that if i grind that out it might get weak and break. is that what guys are saying to dremel out? is it safe to do so? i think the guy who put the pipe on forced it to fit and the stress caused the pipe to crack at the weld.:mad: hmmm.... thanks for any input.

update: got the pipe welded...now i am hoping for an answer to my last post...help! i want to put it back on but i want to dremel it out tonight...anybody got any input?

Just take off excess weld build up, not all the way down to where the weld is flush with the inner diameter. IE just clean it up a little.

Just take off excess weld build up, not all the way down to where the weld is flush with the inner diameter. IE just clean it up a little.

aa haa!! thanks,i didnt know if what i was seeing was a thin piece of metal or a very uniform weld...i will grind it down a bit.. thanks!!:mad:

ok,just did the grind job and put it back together..tested ok! now maybe a cam..