Got my wr 450 need help!!

Just got my wr and did the mods on it. its seems to run ok, but i havent need to use the choke to start it. if i use the choke it wont start unless i have it off and give it little bit of gas. i leave in south florida and i put in a 165 main, 48 pilot, jd red #5 needle, and a 1-1/2 turn on the fuel screw. is it ok or am i just be perinoid..

You should only have to use the choke to start if it is cold outside. I imagine Florida has nice warm weather like Australia. You should be able to just touch the button and then be on your merry way!

Starting issues aside, you need a bigger main. The 165 is WAY too lean for sea level. Put in a 168 or 170 and you'll be running much better up top...SC

Starting issues aside, you need a bigger main. The 165 is WAY too lean for sea level. Put in a 168 or 170 and you'll be running much better up top...SC

Depends on lots of things, but I would at least try out a 168. I run a 165 in summer and I'm at sea level.....

I run a 165 in summer and I'm at sea level.....

If it isn't blistering hot when you run the 165, then you're lean too...SC

hahaha, 90+ temps with 100+ humidity hot enough for ya? :mad:

hahaha, 90+ temps with 100+ humidity hot enough for ya? :mad:

Bingo! We have a winner :mad: ...SC

Isn't Florida tropical?

From what I know yes, very humid. I'm also at sea level & run a 170 main, but then it's not that hot & humid, we get about 30c in summer with 80% humidity.