HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aightball27

Got my wr 450 need help!!

9 posts in this topic

Just got my wr and did the mods on it. its seems to run ok, but i havent need to use the choke to start it. if i use the choke it wont start unless i have it off and give it little bit of gas. i leave in south florida and i put in a 165 main, 48 pilot, jd red #5 needle, and a 1-1/2 turn on the fuel screw. is it ok or am i just be perinoid..

You should only have to use the choke to start if it is cold outside. I imagine Florida has nice warm weather like Australia. You should be able to just touch the button and then be on your merry way!

Starting issues aside, you need a bigger main. The 165 is WAY too lean for sea level. Put in a 168 or 170 and you'll be running much better up top...SC

Starting issues aside, you need a bigger main. The 165 is WAY too lean for sea level. Put in a 168 or 170 and you'll be running much better up top...SC

Depends on lots of things, but I would at least try out a 168. I run a 165 in summer and I'm at sea level.....

I run a 165 in summer and I'm at sea level.....

If it isn't blistering hot when you run the 165, then you're lean too...SC

From what I know yes, very humid. I'm also at sea level & run a 170 main, but then it's not that hot & humid, we get about 30c in summer with 80% humidity.