xr 650 choke plate

What is the issue with being recommended to change the choke plate on these Xr650's, I have a 2004 xr 650r, could anyone please explain or post picture's? Thanks.:mad:

Thanks for the reply, does this change or cause any problems on initial startup when using the choke, when you replace with aftermarket choke plate? Thanks!

I justs removed the choke plate flapper--didn't replace it with another unit. The choke still functions.

I justs removed the choke plate flapper--didn't replace it with another unit. The choke still functions.

I have to disagree with the choke still working as before. I removed mine and immediately notice a lack of choke effect. You could move the choke lever from full to mid to off and not tell hardly any running difference at idle. I started much harder also. I think this is dependent on your pilot/fuel screw setting, temperature and altitude as the affect of the choke. For me, I would get the replacement plate from XRs Only.

I have to disagree with the choke still working as before. I removed mine and immediately notice a lack of choke effect. You could move the choke lever from full to mid to off and not tell hardly any running difference at idle. I started much harder also. I think this is dependent on your pilot/fuel screw setting, temperature and altitude as the affect of the choke. For me, I would get the replacement plate from XRs Only.

I agree when I removed my flapper the choke didnt work as before so I bought the aftermarket one and its works as new