Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dangerranger21

HP on the 600's

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the HP # on the XR600R's stock, Ive heard 26hp and 48hp so far... heh

simply put, 48hp is WRONG...WAAAAY too high.

My perfectly tuned, mildly modifed 650L puts down 38wheel horse power...and I know it's an XRL, not an XRR, but still. I have uni filter, white brothers E2, jet kit, ditched emissions, and some quality tuning time on a dyno. I know my peformance stuff is very limited, but I can't imagine a stock 600R putting out any more than my 650L in it's current condition...or even if it does, no way is it 10 MORE hp at the wheel.

Not sure of the exact number, but the 600 is a higher compresion motor than the 650L So thats where the higher numbers would come from.

yeah, I know it's higher compression, but not even the 650R is putting down nearly 50wheel horse power in stock form...and the 650R has more kick than the 600...

Depends on where you live altitude wise but you can be sure if you have a 90~2000 xr600r and it is stock you are probably looking at around 38 rwhp. But, if oy u have a pipe and jetting it is around 40. You can expect to get about 50~54 rwhp out of one that has a big bore, carb, cam, and mild porting depending on bore size and compression. My 96 XR has a 610 kit, air box mod, and a pipe and is putting out about 38 rwhp at 7420ft from sea level, it would probably be aronud 42~43 at sea level.

OK! Well Im glad its not 26hp like from what i heard... heh

I think they average around 35 to 37 RWHP.

The 600 didnt make big horsepower numbers, from what i have read, a stock derestricted XR600R puts out 32-34 hp at the rear wheel. In comparison, an XR650R in the same trim makes around 46-47 hp at the rear wheel and a standard XR4 had around the 28-29 hp mark.

The 600 didnt make big horsepower numbers, from what i have read, a stock derestricted XR600R puts out 32-34 hp at the rear wheel. In comparison, an XR650R in the same trim makes around 46-47 hp at the rear wheel and a standard XR4 had around the 28-29 hp mark.

I would think those numbers would be fore the XRL. (32-34)

The highest HP at the rear wheel I have EVER seen on an XR was a 660cc, ported, big fin head, FCR41, FMF race powerbomb pipe and header, stage 2 cams, ballanced, blueprinted, all internals coated and the thing was putting out 63rwhp. I rode it and was totally amazed at the power which felt like around 80hp as every gear except 5th with the gearing would easily wheelie and power the front off the ground with traction almost to top end. The thing was nasty fast but easy to ride slow as well. Id love to do all that to mine but were talking about 2 grand for the motor alone in parts and labor. I think Ill just do a HRC 630cc kit and stage one cam, porting valves and the FCR41. About half as much money and right at 50hp.

The highest HP at the rear wheel I have EVER seen on an XR was a 660cc, ported, big fin head, FCR41, FMF race powerbomb pipe and header, stage 2 cams, ballanced, blueprinted, all internals coated and the thing was putting out 63rwhp. I rode it and was totally amazed at the power which felt like around 80hp as every gear except 5th with the gearing would easily wheelie and power the front off the ground with traction almost to top end. The thing was nasty fast but easy to ride slow as well. Id love to do all that to mine but were talking about 2 grand for the motor alone in parts and labor. I think Ill just do a HRC 630cc kit and stage one cam, porting valves and the FCR41. About half as much money and right at 50hp.

why not buy a 650r and put a pumper carb on it?

why not buy a 650r and put a pumper carb on it?

Because I allready have a totally built 1996 XR600R supermoto, and a HRC630cc Desert bike, a 92 XR600R...I may sell one of them someday and buy another XR but it would be a 650R....