Mikuni carb VS Edelbrock pumper

What are you Mikuni guys running for jets?

I have a TM 38 Mikuni that I am thinking about selling because I can't jet the thing anywhere close.

Would a properly jetted Edelbrock work better than a dialed in Mikuni?

I have read all the seached stuff but it's not really helping me.

Thanks

Lots of people on here will tell you how good the Edel. is but I have heard of some having probs. with the pumpers. My flat slide with out pump came out of the box perfect, but of course I had to play with it,and now its back where it was.

What are you Mikuni guys running for jets?

I have a TM 38 Mikuni that I am thinking about selling because I can't jet the thing anywhere close.

Would a properly jetted Edelbrock work better than a dialed in Mikuni?

I have read all the seached stuff but it's not really helping me.

Thanks

are you sure we're talking about an XR650R ?? XR600 ??? "L" ? which?

I don't know how it could be any easier.

The XR650R stock carb is easy to work on [just try a DRZ...], you can change the jets 10 times in an afternoon and keep at it 'til its right.

is yours uncorked already? got the HRC insulator in? what about air filter? what stage have you taken it to?

personally I have never heard of any significant 'issues' with the E carb. nothing but raves, but then the stocker is excellent once you get the whole job done. mine started on first kick saturday morning on our "coldest" day of the year.

either carb.... it ain't that difficult.

The mikuni is popular enough that if you buy an E, you can ebay the stocker fairly easily

the stocker is super easy to work on but the edelbrock is that much easier then the stocker to work on, plus the added power you get from it.

:mad: I couldn't agree more. I installed my edelbrock, adjusted it twice..and couldn't be happier. No backfire, No hesitation and No flooded motor when its laid over. Of course this is with an opened up air box and different exhaust...." If you can't flow the air it won't raise your hair "...