HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigdoublestrouble

help, 06 yz450f jetting

6 posts in this topic

I also have a popcorn machine:applause: I've tried three different jetting combinitions. Tried the 170 main, 48 pilot, minimal popping on decel. Seemed slightly lean in mid. Then tried 165 main and 45 pilot and 1 clip richer on the needle, better low end, minimal popping, lost some top end. Then tried 165 main , 45 pilot, stock needle pos. Had more popping issues and felt weaker in mid. Bike also starts cold with choke off(this is the confusing part) and smells rich. I'm starting to think It's more of a needle taper issue than the pilot. I'm going to try the stock 42 pilot and 1 clip richer on the needle tomorrow.Anyone else notice this:confused:

Thanks alot Grayracer, I am running the same jetting as you. I am at 2000ft about 80F. Seems pretty good, I was just curios about the starting cold with no choke, Does your bike do this? Thanks

I was just curios about the starting cold with no choke, Does your bike do this? Thanks
Never tried it, but I doubt it.

I am running a 170 main and a 45 pilot in Phoenix. It pops 2-3 times under decel but it doesn't stall like when I had the 48 pilot in it. I am willing to live with a little pop to foresake the stalling. Starts extremely easy 1-2 kicks no matter hot or cold.

Thanks alot Grayracer, I am running the same jetting as you. I am at 2000ft about 80F. Seems pretty good, I was just curios about the starting cold with no choke, Does your bike do this? Thanks

170mj 45/48pj is my set up for your temp /altitude

165mj when below 60

set the fuel screw