What Is The Best Sub Mount For 2002 Wr426?

I have been searching the threads about the various sub mount applications and the popular ones are the Scotts or BRP units. My question is now that some time has passed since these came on the market, which one is better? I really need the height since I am 6'5" tall. I have the conventional Scotts top triple clamp on my other WR with the Scotts stabilizer and pro taper bars and it is sweet, but I want to set my other bike up with even more height. Additionally, I will be mounting a Panoram (trailtech). What is the hot set up? Prices? Where did you purchase it from? Thanks in advance!!

I did a sub mount on my stock top tripple clamp useing the ******************** risers. I'm 6'9" and really needed the room.

Bygdd posted some of my pics of the install in a thread called "Scotts damper follow up"

Ive run this setup without issues for about a year.

Good luck

Sounds good. Has anybody used any other brands? I'll check the other thread.

BTW: Do you use hand guards? Do they attach to the triple tree or clamp to the handlebar?

I'm running Cycra Pro Bends, Atached to my ProTaper Henry bends with the Cycra Dual pivot mounts.

This setup works really well for us tall guys, but I dont recomend it for normal sized dudes.

Eric

Questions:

1.) Is it possible to still use my old Scotts triple clamp, or do I need to get a new style.

2.) Which unit has adjustable forward reach for the handlebars?

Scotts and BRP both require that you buy the top triple clamp for the 426 models.. For the newer WRs all you need is the top part of the sub mount.

Scotts and BRP both require that you buy the top triple clamp for the 426 models.. For the newer WRs all you need is the top part of the sub mount.

If you use the big bar risers, 2" up and 2" forward you can put a sub mount on your stock 426 clamp.