HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
d-bikeguy

Anybody do worcs races on stock tank?

7 posts in this topic

I am just aquired a 04 yz450 and was curious as to the range you can get at a moderate race pace? The class I would be in races for approx 60 minutes which usually equates to roughly 25-30 miles. Thanx in advance!

You should have no problem. I have done 30+ miles of moderate paced trail riding on the stock tank of my '06 450F. I did a WORCS race on my old YZ250 on a stock take with no problems.

I have done two WORCS races vet novice class this year at Taft and Havasu. I had plenty of gas left for the toughest races of the year.

P.S. Don't ask me how I did.

Not very good at Taft. I put on some new ASV levers and it was the first time on the 4 stroke. The levers came lose and the clutch lever was barely attached to the handlebars. At Havasu after starting dead last, I was worked my way past over half the field until I decided to swap out wide open in 3rd gear along the beach. It took me another lap to shake the cob webs.

You had to ask.

Thanks for the replies. I am planning on participating in the Mesquite worcs race this week and have yet to really test how far I can get from one tank of gas. Trust me the last thing I really should be worrying about is sufficient gas.......skills are a much bigger problem!

If the WORCS race at Mesquite is anything like the WORCS race in Decatur, TX then the track will not be very technical. It was motocross, open field racing, and one man made rock section.

Swanny